1.    #1  
    Anyone have any news re the software upgrade for GPRS enabling on the Treo. I seem to remember it was promised last year when I bought the 180!

Thanks
    Hang on, not much time and will be out...
    How's that beta going, zsozso? I recall that at first it was crashing your Treo. Any new and improved versions lately?

And is your optimistic missive based on any new information, or the same old August/September predictions (late 3rd quarter) we were hearing earlier this summer?
    I would love to know where you purchased the Treo last year

Originally posted by Geoff Haw
    Anyone have any news re the software upgrade for GPRS enabling on the Treo. I seem to remember it was promised last year when I bought the 180!

Thanks
    i got to admit i am very slow. it took me a while to figure out the GPRS capability is not yet available on my treo 270.
    there was a one-liner on the box mentioning GPRS capability is upgradable (what da hell was that supposed to mean?) and no mentioning whatsoever in the 255 page long user guide.
    upon calling up the customer support, then i found out that the software for gprs is due to be out in late august.
    first all, set aside my own stupidity, the way handspring presented on the website and on the box are suggestting that gprs capability is ready. secondly, why isnt there any mentioning in the user guide and the installation setup that gprs is actually not yet available in reality?
    i got to admit i am very slow. it took me a while to figure out the GPRS capability is not yet available on my treo 270.
    there was a one-liner on the box mentioning GPRS capability is upgradable (what da hell was that supposed to mean?) and no mentioning whatsoever in the 255 page long user guide.
    upon calling up the customer support, then i found out that the software for gprs is due to be out in late august.
    first all, set aside my own stupidity, the way handspring presented on the website and on the box are suggestting that gprs capability is ready. secondly, why isnt there any mentioning in the user guide and the installation setup that gprs is actually not yet available in reality?
    I have called yesterday Handspring. A man told that he did not know WHEN the ipgrade to GpRS wll be available.
    I am thinkink to sell my Treo. Here in Italy the gprs navigation is still free of charge
    i should clarify that i didnt call handspring directly but only the agent for hs in hong kong. that agent might very well do not know what he was talking about.
    lucky u that gprs is for free in italy. lets keep our fingers crossed that treo's gprs capability will be ready b4 3g kicks in.
    b4 3g? what this means?
    GPRS is 2.5G(eneration) and i said hopefully treo will have it ready before 3G is available to us, otherwise that would mean we need to buy a new handset by then.
    Also BETA testing GPRS here in Switzerland (don't ask where I got it

Quite stable but noticed that Blazer hangs regularly.
    Also, not sure if it's a Swisscom 'feature' or GPRS itself, but if someone sends me an SMS and my phone is switched off, the SMS is not stored and sent to me later... it simply falls into a black hole and is lost

Can anyone clarify if this is how GPRS is supposed to work?
    At the recent quarterly financial conference call, Handspring said the GPRS upgrade (as well as the Sprint Treo 300, on the CDMA/1x network) would be available by the end of this quarter (that is, Sept. 30).
    NZMOko tell me ur email and discuss about there....

Zo
    Originally posted by nzmoko
    Also BETA testing GPRS here in Switzerland (don't ask where I got it

Quite stable but noticed that Blazer hangs regularly.
    Also, not sure if it's a Swisscom 'feature' or GPRS itself, but if someone sends me an SMS and my phone is switched off, the SMS is not stored and sent to me later... it simply falls into a black hole and is lost

Can anyone clarify if this is how GPRS is supposed to work?

send me a PM
    Hi everybody

... please somebody can send me the beta firmware to test
    the treo 270 GPRS in Milan ... ?

... i spend a lot of money to stai connect via GSM ...

Thanks all

Denis
    Hey Denis,

Don't waste your breathe, these cheap bastards don't share...
    I tryed ... maybe somebody will send me enyway before will be out from Oficial Treo page ... maybe ... maybe :-)

Denis

P.S. I will not tell to enybody from who i have it ...:-) will be a secret for me
    :-)
    Here's a plea, will somebody just share the damn patch.
    Patience Grasshopper(s)... I happen to agree with Doug...

Originally posted by DougI
    At the recent quarterly financial conference call, Handspring said the GPRS upgrade (as well as the Sprint Treo 300, on the CDMA/1x network) would be available by the end of this quarter (that is, Sept. 30).
    I also think that the GPRS upgrade will happen together with (or even just before), the release of the Treo300. Which is a good thing, because I have to buy one of those for my wife -- she has Treo envy.
    Does anyone know how pricing for the service will be charged via Voicestream? I see no mention of it in any of the Plans section on Handspring's web site.