1.    #1  
    I've got my Treo 270 all loaded up, just the way I like it with TreoMail, BugMe Messenger, Beweweled, TV Browser, Tiggle Toggle, X-Master (for ClockPop) and Yahdice. All of my contacts and dates are synched with Outlook and I'm getting ready to leave town. I'm scared that if I have to do a hard reset while I'm gone (this happened one other time when I was away) that I will not have any of my apps or contacts available. Is there any program out there that backs up the Treo to a website where I can then access it whilst away? Any other options? Lovin' this gadget!
    Get BackupBuddy; http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...053&prodID=566
    It is $29.00, but, that is a small price to pay if you need to do a complete restore.
    Just my 0.2
    Backup buddy is a start, but not a total solution.

Have you tried syncing wirelessly? You will have to put your connection info in a safe place to re-set up your treo, but once setup, you can sync wirelessly and get your stuff back.

I have synced wirelessly, but never from an empty treo. That might take forever. :-)

Your PC will have to be setup to accept syncs over the network and/or a modem.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Read this story and see this thread .
    Jeff
  5.    #5  
    Thanks PDA Envy and others for your input. That Flash solution sounds scary but tempting.
    After having to perform a hard reset on the road, I couldn't figure out how to get an internet connection. The 270 kept telling me to enable data services using my desktop. But I was travelling without my PC! Fortunately, I was able to restore with backup buddy when I returned. Still, the inability to restore with an external backup on a flash memory product is annoying. Solutions?