Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    A Celebrity endorser is what we need. I don't know where the idea for a mascot started but Mascots area joke, specially in this high tech smartphone market.

Please. No mascots.

Join me here if you agree.
    Personally, I'd much rather have a great, funny pitchman. Mascots are awesome - if this was 1982. A fantastic marketing company with a great pitchman would be wonderful to see.
    You're right. We need Billy Mays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    LOL

But seriously, someone like Sony's Kevin Butler
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post

LOL.... I was actually thinking that when I was writing my post. Got rest his soul <moment of silence> Now we are left with his side-kick Antony, or Vince (who likes to use his palm... upside hookers)
    My Pre just got to 60C. I was charging, running NaNplayer, and watching a video on Youtube of Billy Mays ordering food at McDonalds lol. "Hi, Billy Mays here..."
    Catherine Zeta Jones -- no wait, she's on T-Mobile...
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    The Google Android robot makes sense of the whole "Android" name but Palm? Mascot? Come on. You're gonna have so many jokes flying around no matter what the mascot is.
    I hear Clippy is out of work.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    I hear Clippy is out of work.
    Please no Clippy. He/She/It was the most annoying idea ever.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Personally, I'd much rather have a great, funny pitchman. Mascots are awesome - if this was 1982. A fantastic marketing company with a great pitchman would be wonderful to see.
    Agreed. Though I'd like a The Most Interesting Man in The World-type of guy rather than the standard comical/embarrassing pitchman.
    HP Touchpad: I just cant quit you, baby.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    go with sophistication and away from 'as seen on TV' spokespersons.
    Even Creative had Paris Hilton.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    We need this guy representing Palm:

Can't you just imagine him saying, "Your cell phone is C R A P."
    Last edited by neve; 06/18/2010 at 01:17 AM.
    Get Jim Cramer to smash iPhones and Android devices.
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    LOL

But seriously, someone like Sony's Kevin Butler
    I don't know if a Kevin Butlerish type commercial would work in the mobile phone market. The theme of his campaign is "If it can be made fun of, it's not cool" type advertising. It gets people who are already fans confidence to jeer friends in a comical way to buy the product. It's a lot like the I'm a Mac commercials. They attempted at comical insults on PC users (thus making it "uncool" to own a PC). A lot of people don't think this kind of advertising works because we're all adults, but high school never ends...
    (Earlier Kevin Butler commercials were not comically insulting to consumers, and played heavily on the "It does everything").

I'm afraid the some successful spokesman type commercials for the phone industry were already done by AT&T with Luke Wilson. They insulted, showed "real world scenarios," and hit back at the competitions commercials.

I wish Palm the best of luck finding a mascot (whether he/she's a cartoon or celebrity).
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Steven Colbert...
    Colbert would be great!

also Steve Carrell.... he'd be perfect and people would love the commercials

With our luck, they'd choose HelloKitty, or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Steven Colbert...
    Hell Yea! He Speaks Of Truthiness. Him and Stew Beef!

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    How Bout Daniel Tosh from Tosh.0

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast