Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rufflez View Post
    For the 3rd time:
    Palm's mascot should be a steaming pile of ****. That's my opinion. I was reported because I was "getting around the filters" which I wasn't. And second for calling out on a mod. Its my opinion, I don't care. If a company puts out a product so unbearable to use (i.e. can't look at it funny for fear of oreo effect) then they should have a mascot of ****.
    I'm curious why someone like yourself, who has had their share of problems with the Pre, has moved on to something else, still continues to post in these forums bashing Palm and the Pre every chance they get? That's pretty much the definition of a troll.

You've made your point, why not go hang out in the HTC forums (or whatever you're happy with) and contribute helpful posts instead of sticking around here and trolling? Just a thought...
    To let newcombers know to get out while they still can. My experience was that bad. Also, to check to see if anyone else has reported problems with their pre's every time my gf's entire family can't receive phone calls. It only happens on their pre's not my hero. Its transient and lasts about a day at a time.
    Plus, <s>I'm free to speak my mind</s> here as long as I don't curse (which I didn't) or say something bad about the moderators. I'll leave my personal opinions about them to myself now.
    Last edited by rufflez; 07/03/2010 at 05:56 PM.
    soooooooo.....i guess there won't be any more post focused on actual ideas for 'GOOD' mascots huh....well this sucks.......
    To let newcombers know to get out while they still can. My experience was that bad. Also, to check to see if anyone else has reported problems with their pre's every time my gf's entire family can't receive phone calls. It only happens on their pre's not my hero. Its transient and lasts about a day at a time.
    Plus, I'm free to speak my mind here as long as I don't curse (which I didn't) or say something bad about the moderators. I'll leave my personal opinions about them to myself now.
    You are now derailing a thread.

Please address any further concerns you have with moderation to Administration.

-Berd
    PreCentral Staff
    Just call me Berd.
    What about a wizard??? I really liked that fan created wizard commercial.... effective and funny. pokes fun at android... geeky, non pretentious.

Wizards Vs Alien's and rotten apple's ;-) a star wars type trilogy for webos comercails/ Good vs evil ( joke). Steve Jobs can be the Supreme Chancellor.
    As Yoda would say, "Powerful you've become, Apple, the Dark Side I sense in you.
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    What about a wizard??? I really liked that fan created wizard commercial.... effective and funny. pokes fun at android... geeky, non pretentious.

Wizards Vs Alien's and rotten apple's ;-) a star wars type trilogy for webos comercails/ Good vs evil ( joke). Steve Jobs can be the Supreme Chancellor.
    As Yoda would say, "Powerful you've become, Apple, the Dark Side I sense in you.
    idk ... Seems like the lil penguin was a hit maybe they should use sometype of animal I mean who dosnt like animals?
    This may be a bit cheesy, but how about a floating pair of magician gloves with a magic wand. In commercials they could pop out of a cloud of smoke, or something like that. They could use the wand to show gestures.

Gargoyle
    I GOT IT THE MASCOT SHOULD BE...DRUM ROLL: THE GUY WITH THE SMALL HANDS FROM THE BURGER KING COMMERCIALS. HENCE SHOWING OFF THE SMALL KEYBOARD!!!! Definite winner!!!!!
    Ok guys..... the search is over.. I have found H|Palms new mascot!
    A true Hero!
    Dieter Should do commercials like the Mac and PC Guys... and school them with the magical ways of webOS!
    Im an android
    Im an Iphone
    Im the future *****es..webOS ;-)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by clutch1222; 07/01/2010 at 01:11 AM.
    well... I was joking when I said the search was over. Didn't mean to kill this thread... It was fun
    imagine if justin beiber owned a pre. Or paris hilton. I think it would work.
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    Ok guys..... the search is over.. I have found H|Palms new mascot!
    A true Hero!
    Dieter Should do commercials like the Mac and PC Guys... and school them with the magical ways of webOS!
    Im an android
    Im an Iphone
    Im the future *****es..webOS ;-)
    You do realize Dieter also writes for Android Central, right?
    http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-epic-4g-hands-on
    Also most of the people who post in the Blog portion don't really like him because of his neutral stance and has pointed out the flaws of the WebOS platform for a while now. I would pick a different Spokesperson than him if I were you. Otherwise, I think he'd be a great candidate.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    yay for neutral stance.we're not msnbc or fox news over here.

back to mascots.

Beaver
    the planet with web os
    a black panther
    an avatar(james camron should approve because g.lucas get paid for every droid that comes out)
    futuristic space ship
    a salamandor
    web os black screen like palm is now
    web os in the middle of a hexigon interconnected
    uhm
    a river
    I agree with the neutral and unbiased stance. Here's the perfect mascot. A smilie waving a hand. How unbiased is that?
    You do realize Dieter also writes for Android Central, right?
    http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-epic-4g-hands-on
    Also most of the people who post in the Blog portion don't really like him because of his neutral stance and has pointed out the flaws of the WebOS platform for a while now. I would pick a different Spokesperson than him if I were you. Otherwise, I think he'd be a great candidate.
    neutral stance = Good. Dont have a problem acknowledging webOS flaws... because its still the best mobile OS..flaws and all!
    what happened to the mascot contest? did it die?
    how about using the evolution of man as an analogy for smartphone?
    This could accomplish 2 things... educate consumers on the history of palm devices... and introduce the new HPalm webos devices as the future.
    Substitute what ever phones you would like in the order of smartfone evolution... ending with a mock up of the new HPALM webos phone...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by clutch1222; 07/05/2010 at 04:37 PM.
    paris hilton and this phone would skyrocket, I'm tellin ya
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    here's a variation of an idea i submitted...

http://i31.tinypic.com/35ml8c0.png
    Quote Originally Posted by mhous33 View Post
    here's a variation of an idea i submitted...

http://i31.tinypic.com/35ml8c0.png
    what s that... a melting penguin ? i think i like it
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast