1.    #1  
    ...a land scape keyboard and a large high res screen? I love my pre but I love the design of the motorola droid. I wish there as a phone with the HTC evo 4g hardware plus a landscape keyboard running on webos. Droooool
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    No. There will never be such a thing. And I should know, I just came back from 2032.
  3.    #3  
    Damn fizzled again...
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    magic 8 ball says: YES
    First, we need a landscape ecosystem and OS. WebOS is primarily portrait-oriented, as are many of the apps.
    If Palm have done any market research ever then yes
    NO , there will never be a PRE like that. There will be a H/Palm like that .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I have no insider information, but looking at the evolution of Palm products, I would say no.

If you look at the importance Palm puts on single handed use (especially after the emergence of the Treo), then I would think that the newer devices would keep that trend. I know that was one of the main reason I bought a Pre and one of the main reasons I ditched my Touch pro and shied away from the Droid, et al.

But as this form factor seems to be taking the world by storm, maybe H/Palm will change its ways. If we can have multiple form factors (without appreciable OS Fragmentation) then Landscape away!

nb
    I'm not sure I want the EVO hardware with the reduced color bit depth (16 vs. 24) and delaminating screen...
    I don't want landscape so I hope not. The small keyboard is so much faster and effortless
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    If Palm have done any market research ever then yes
    So then no...
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    First, we need a landscape ecosystem and OS. WebOS is primarily portrait-oriented, as are many of the apps.
    WebOS is built off of HTML and CSS

It is ultimately and infinitely scalable and changes aspect ratios easily.

This is how the Pixi could come out so quickly.

This is also why patches can so easily make apps (email, youtube, messaging) have a landscape mode.

One of the single biggest advantages of WebOS is its easy scalability.

Landscape mode for WebOS would take all of a week to create.

That is why web-based coding rules.