Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well take this for what it's worth, because I have no reason to start rumors. A friend of mine works for HP at office in Spring, TX (was Compaq pre-merger), HR dept I think, and told me they are being strongly urged to start looking at webOS software and prepare to use a new smartphone that will be ready around the time the acquisition is final. He says the company currently uses HTC devices as work phones and considers Blackberry (RIM) "competitors," even before Palm was acquired. Weird.

Anywho, this doesn't mean the phone will be launched this summer, even though it's possible, but I'm definitely waiting to upgrade whenever it does.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    If we should believe only a few of all the rumours and add them up, HPalm will announce and release at least 2 devices every month the rest of the year. I really try not to get excited anymore about any of these kind of posts here.
    Uh, could that not mean that they're going to start giving out Pre and/or Pixi phones to some employees, and they need to learn WebOS in order to use them?
    could mean lots of things,

but on the whole, its a positive note for palm, if HP is going to make the palm phones there go-to devices for the corporation, then that is as good of a conformation that they are invested in palm smartphones as anything.
    There are four lights.
    What carrier do they use? This may be how they plan to use all of the un-sold inventory they will inherit with the acquisition...

Hopefully they use AT&T or Verizon so they will at least get "plus" models...
    the problems that they had with verizon I have a AT&T feeling. AT&T is really pushing the Pre Plus and in different colors. Been saying since the merger that AT&T is the perfect partner. Now I ofcourse would be pizzed since I am on Sprint but a GSM phone would be a possible bigger seller then on Sprint or Verizon. and lets not forget that AT&T loses is exclusive contract with iphone next year( tmobile supposedly next to carry Iphone) so AT&T might be looking for a new flasgship phpne and they have the resources to promote the heck out of it. Verizon and Sprint are enamored with Android at the moment. Especially Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Uh, could that not mean that they're going to start giving out Pre and/or Pixi phones to some employees, and they need to learn WebOS in order to use them?

LOL exactly. sigh....
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    Any rumor is good in my book. Thanks
    When is the final acquisition date?
    Ahhh unsubstantiated rumors. Keeping me going for 6 months and counting. =)
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, “I don't need to drink to have fun.” Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Uh, could that not mean that they're going to start giving out Pre and/or Pixi phones to some employees, and they need to learn WebOS in order to use them?,,,,
    it says get ready to use a 'new' device that will be 'ready' right after the buyout. Still,,will believe only when I see.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdv22 View Post
    Any rumor is good in my book. Thanks
    When is the final acquisition date?
    I think its June 23rd or the 25th. I may be mistaken but I did read that somewhere in the Forum though ....
    Quote Originally Posted by jjean View Post
    I think its June 23rd or the 25th. I may be mistaken but I did read that somewhere in the Forum though ....
    I think that it the date of the shareholders vote (25th) but the actual acquisition will not be complete until july 31st.
    And just think...if they use the HP/Palm phones for their "go-to" phones for the corporation, we just got a TON of new webOS users!! :-)
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    I believe this is what you are referring to. Check out the "sprecs"!
    Is this the Next Palm Pre? Called UON - Palm Support Community
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, “I don't need to drink to have fun.” Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    I believe this is what you are referring to. Check out the "sprecs"!
    Is this the Next Palm Pre? Called UON - Palm Support Community
    Bro, sorry to burst your bubble, but please go look at the dates those posts were made. They are almost a year old!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    Bro, sorry to burst your bubble, but please go look at the dates those posts were made. They are almost a year old!
    Bro, a Palm rep walked into my house the other day to use my bathroom and even though he was running water to help himself go, I overheard him say something about the new Uon. This was 2 years ago, so I'm sure they've had it in the pipeline since before webOS was developed. Take it for what it's worth.

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I love my Pre from sprint Ive had it from week 2 would not have anything else bring on the next Webos phone!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I think that it the date of the shareholders vote (25th) but the actual acquisition will not be complete until july 31st.
    Everything I've read said "By July 31st" not ON July 31. So I'm hoping it will be sooner rather than later in July.

I do think it makes sense for them to wait until the acquisition is official before announcing any new phones. I also think that unless Palm was planning to shrivel up and die, they have to have already been working on some new hardware. I bet it's ready or near ready to roll but the are just waiting for the HP deal to finish before making anything public.

I hope to (but have no basis for this) see EVO like specs in a smaller 3.5-3.8 inch form factor.
    Source HP to Acquire Palm for $1.2 Billion
    5th paragrapgh down
    The acquisition is subject to customary closing conditions, including the receipt of domestic and foreign regulatory approvals and the approval of Palm’s stockholders. The transaction is expected to close during HP’s third fiscal quarter ending July 31, 2010.
    Yes you are technically right, the deal should be done by 31st July which opens the possibility of it being done before then but I have learnt to always expect the last day possible, in this case, 31st July granted that the shareholders vote goes through.
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Bro, a Palm rep walked into my house the other day to use my bathroom and even though he was running water to help himself go, I overheard him say something about the new Uon. This was 2 years ago, so I'm sure they've had it in the pipeline since before webOS was developed. Take it for what it's worth.
    Why would a Palm rep walk in to your house? It sounds more like "3 Sprint reps walk in to a bar, and one says"...

Sorry I don't have a punch line for that.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast