Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Why would a Palm rep walk in to your house? It sounds more like "3 Sprint reps walk in to a bar, and one says"...

Sorry I don't have a punch line for that.
    Duh, he needed to use the bathroom. Plus my bathroom is pretty cool.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    They say 'Bartender, gimme the hardest Whiskey you got, and leave the bottle (Emmit Brown anyone?), we're tired from hiding under a rock again today."
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    If we should believe only a few of all the rumours and add them up, HPalm will announce and release at least 2 devices every month the rest of the year. I really try not to get excited anymore about any of these kind of posts here.
    That's almost as fast as HTC pumps out Android phones...
    As long as it's available by june 2011 I will be satisfied because that's when I can get a new phone. Maybe then I should go for AT&T though...
    I admire your patience driv3thru...
    Quote Originally Posted by stevealaniz View Post
    ... considers Blackberry (RIM) "competitors," even before Palm was acquired. Weird.
    Well, HP does have a couple Windows Mobile phones sold under the iPaq brand so RIM and HTC are both competitors.

...He says the company currently uses HTC devices as work phones...
    That is the weird part, why aren't they eating their own dog food?
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by camiller View Post
    Well, HP does have a couple Windows Mobile phones sold under the iPaq brand so RIM and HTC are both competitors.

That is the weird part, why aren't they eating their own dog food?
    Well, because the current HP selection stinks or just plain inferior to the top of the line selection. Google employees had (and some holdouts still do) iPhones because they were the best thing around at the time.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    The "maybe" in the thread title should be replaced with a Borat "NOT"... Or with "Sike"...
    Quote Originally Posted by wicketr View Post
    Well, because the current HP selection stinks or just plain inferior to the top of the line selection. Google employees had (and some holdouts still do) iPhones because they were the best thing around at the time.
    For a personal phone, sure. But for a company issued phone, which is what I presume the OP meant by "work phones", I'd expect them to use their own product. Unless HP is a vendor of computer systems to HTC and made some sort of arrangement. In which case ... wouldn't it be cool if HP contracted HTC to build the next gen of WebOS phones? Not to start a rumor or anything.
    I want new hardware too!!! But i could possibly hold out to next yr when my contract is up... if flash would just get here
    Well take this for what it's worth, because I have no reason to start rumors. A friend of mine works for HP at office in Spring, TX (was Compaq pre-merger), HR dept I think, and told me they are being strongly urged to start looking at webOS software and prepare to use a new smartphone that will be ready around the time the acquisition is final. He says the company currently uses HTC devices as work phones and considers Blackberry (RIM) "competitors," even before Palm was acquired. Weird.

Anywho, this doesn't mean the phone will be launched this summer, even though it's possible, but I'm definitely waiting to upgrade whenever it does.
    way cool, take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Thanks dude, sounds really good!
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12