1.    #1  
    I was at a Sprint Store today (in Tacoma, WA) to check out whether or not the Evo really was worth getting or to wait for new WebOS hardware (spoiler: it's fast but I'll wait for Palm's slow *****) and I asked the rep if I should what his take on it was. He told me the Palm rep was there earlier that day and told him that Palm will announce something around October or November and have it released by December. The Sprint rep seemed like he actually knew more than any other Sprint rep I've talked to and I'd like to believe him too but we still have to take it with a grain of salt.

So in short, I guess we're waiting on a 6 month timeframe. He said he doesn't think the new WebOS phone will best the EVO, and I kind of believe him because it's Sprint's new flagship phone and I doubt they'd overshadow it only 6 months in.
    Quote Originally Posted by anus1220 View Post
    I was at a Sprint Store today (in Tacoma, WA) to check out whether or not the Evo really was worth getting or to wait for new WebOS hardware (spoiler: it's fast but I'll wait for Palm's slow *****) and I asked the rep if I should what his take on it was. He told me the Palm rep was there earlier that day and told him that Palm will announce something around October or November and have it released by December. The Sprint rep seemed like he actually knew more than any other Sprint rep I've talked to and I'd like to believe him too but we still have to take it with a grain of salt.

So in short, I guess we're waiting on a 6 month timeframe. He said he doesn't think the new WebOS phone will best the EVO, and I kind of believe him because it's Sprint's new flagship phone and I doubt they'd overshadow it only 6 months in.
    This place will be very lonely by October.
    It'll be as full as always, with some people leaving for the newest jesus phone (well i'm jumping ship for the new DROID ARTOO if plam doesn't release before september!!!) and newcomers coming in. Some of you people have the conceit of phones only selling if they're no older than two weeks. This says more about you than the real market.

Also, don't believe too hard that the Evo is the end-all be-all of modern communication.

People love to talk crap about the Cortex in the Pre, but a 600MHz A8 was very near top of the line in Jan 09. Technology simply moved. If you think the Evo is so awesome it just kills Moore's Law, and so awesome that the competition will just give up and not release anything better - seek therapy.

The Evo will look VERY aged in December, when your average upper middle class Android handset gets a 1.5 GHz processor while the high-end ones get 2GHz. Dunno if all of them will be that huge; I think size is gonna be a turn-off for as many people as it's gonna turn on.

Y'all need to learn how marketing impacts reality. It doesn't change reality, it just changes your perception of reality enough for you to buy the product. The Evo doesn't change a burgeoning technology market, it just makes some believe it does. I shrug.

I don't think he wanted more than sell you an Evo. I doubt that curiously the Palm rep was there that day, and the rep told him an info that right now nobody at Palm can talk about, and less that they're going to release it out of time for Christmas Season.

Take the November month as the latter to see a new Palm phone on the street, October the most desiderable for Palm.
    For too many Sprint Pre owners, an October will be too late.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    While I would like to see an announcement a little sooner the timing of the release is perfect for me - somewhere between 12 and 13 months, right after becoming elible for discounted upgrade.
  7.    #7  
    Well if I wanted an Evo I would've gotten it, and I don't think he was trying to sell me one because he advised me to wait until October (when I'm eligible for an upgrade). Matter of fact he said that because he realized I was a WebOS fan. He advised me to wait and see what Palm has to offer and to wait generally because I'll get the subsidized price for any phone. He just said he doesn't think what Palm offers will be better than the Evo.

I really hope for Palms sake they announce and release something way before then. Nowadays (following Apple) phones have to be upgraded once a year and Palm's hardware has been outdated for way too long. Not only is it outdated, the quality sucks. I expected better from Palm, but if they don't have anything by October I'm (sadly) jumping ship to the Evo mainly because my cheap hardware won't last until then not because it's better.

On a side note, my brother just bought one and it is actually a really magnificent piece of hardware.
    People that "require" a new phone every 12 months are like 2% of the market (or less). The Pre and Pixi can do more today then they could a year ago....why would I need to replace my webOS phone yet?

This place will still be busy come xmas.
    1-This place will still be busy...The Pre + will only be a year old at Christmas
    2-Dual Cores will probably take the place of 1+Ghz processors
    3-Those who left because of their 1yr attention span will be back when Palm releases their next device
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Another Sprint underling with the inside scoop. Hopefully after the HP buyout of Palm is completed we can get an announcement from Palm that we can trust.
    No kidding....the last time a roaming rep told me something I could bet on was never.
    I am a sprint pre owner and I for one will be happy if a new phone comes out before xmas. I love my pre,love webos and don't need the latest phone just because it is the latest phone. There will be a new palm phone,that pretty much is a certainty,,i am more then happy to wait for it.
    my pre is stil getting the job done so I don't mind waiting. I don't get caught up in hype and specualtion easily. Plus I'll be waiting till my contract is up with Sprint
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Let's see....

1. The Sprint Rep's job is to sell you a phone and get you locked in.

2. By giving you some date for your "dream phone" 6 months out, he's hoping to discourage you from waiting.

3. By telling you that what they have in stock will beat whatever they come up with, he's hoping that it will comfort you in that what they have is "future proof".
  15.    #15  
    well I'm sticking to sprint no matter what he or any other rep tells me. They have the best plans and they have wimax cverage in my area plus all the other areas I frequent. I just want new palm harware because the non plus pre is technically 18 months old. And when you need to overclock a phone this much just for it to run smoothly that should be the biggest sign that new hardware is a necessity. Don't get me wrong I think webOS is miles better than android not to mentoon the crappy ios as well I just don't think that this current hardware is giving the os the performance that it deserves. Now hopefuly hp is helping palm get a bunch of devs on boarf so that the app catalogue can pull itself out of being a joke in comparison to the others. Plus well specced hardware would draw devs towards webos.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    well I'm sticking to sprint no matter what he or any other rep tells me. They have the best plans and they have wimax cverage in my area plus all the other areas I frequent. I just want new palm harware because the non plus pre is technically 18 months old. And when you need to overclock a phone this much just for it to run smoothly that should be the biggest sign that new hardware is a necessity. Don't get me wrong I think webOS is miles better than android not to mentoon the crappy ios as well I just don't think that this current hardware is giving the os the performance that it deserves. Now hopefuly hp is helping palm get a bunch of devs on boarf so that the app catalogue can pull itself out of being a joke in comparison to the others. Plus well specced hardware would draw devs towards webos.
    This has nothing to do with your quote and more your nick . . Now the "anus" part I get, however what's with the 1220? Were there 1219 anus' on these forums forcing this? If so I am impressed. That's a ton of anus'. I know there are a lot of a**es but anus is a different thing entirely!

Mind you I am not trying to make fun of you.
    I am losing my mind at an alarming rate . . . Actually, I'm not really alarmed at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by twiktor View Post
    This has nothing to do with your quote and more your nick . . Now the "anus" part I get, however what's with the 1220? Were there 1219 anus' on these forums forcing this? If so I am impressed. That's a ton of anus'. I know there are a lot of a**es but anus is a different thing entirely!

Mind you I am not trying to make fun of you.
    I'm guessing 12/20 is an important date to him having to do with an anus?
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I'm guessing 12/20 is an important date to him having to do with an anus?

Ahh sorta like that movie 2012 where the world cracks apart because Al Gore invented the Mayan Long Count and the Internet and everyone gets on big Chinese boats, but in the case of anus1220 it happens like this year and we are destroyed by a huge anus?

Someone should let Stephen Hawking know so he can make a show about how both aliens AND Earth anus' will kill us. Jesse Ventura may already know where the Chinese boats are.
    I am losing my mind at an alarming rate . . . Actually, I'm not really alarmed at all.
  19.    #19  
    Why is everybody talking about anuses?!

The number means nothing haha, it just rang in my head for some reason and I made it.