1.    #1  
    went to the sprint store today,finally, to play with the evo. I like big screens so I was in aww with it. I hate ANDROID tho! So confusing with stuff all over the place. The camera is the bomb tho. Love the tap and focus thing. All in all, it wasn't a 'I gotta have it' phone. I'm still happy with my pre.
    so, before I left I asked the rep if palm is coming out with a new phone jus to see what he'd say. He told me palm had a phone that was going to come out but since the acquisition from hp they stopped the release. Sucks. Hopefully that nit____? guy is right with what he said in the forums about info on the new phone in early july. Keeping my fingers crossed!
    Most store reps have no idea what they're talking about/make stuff up to sell you a phone/just talk to hear themselves talk... I wouldn't bank on what he said.
    Not putting much stock in a salesperson's info... but I do believe they have a phone ready, but because of the legalities involved with the HP acquisition they aren't allowed to release or even talk about it until the HP sale is completed (otherwise there would be major issues with the stock values).

Once you see the HP buyout finalized, we will see a waterfall of news about not only new equipment, but new developers, apps, and expanded webOS platforms. It's gonna be nuts
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    Most store reps have no idea what they're talking about/make stuff up to sell you a phone/just talk to hear themselves talk... I wouldn't bank on what he said.
    dude... What are you talkin about? The rep wasn't tryin to sell me the evo. Plus too all of hawaii is out of stock. There's a waiting list jus like how the pre was. And he owned a pre himself.
    That was an "and/or" statement I made... probably should have put an "etc." in there too.

Not saying every one of them is like that, but I would go out on a limb and say "most". The same applies to nearly any retail store... the sales people would be very unlikely to know any inside information about a manufacturer of products they carry.
    Actually, it is more likely that after the Official shareholder vote for the buyout has completed, is when you will see Palm start to release news about a next device, etc, IMO.

The idea is to make sure that shareholders see no reason to disapprove of the acquisition - a new product announcement for a company like PALM could spark investor optimism to a point where they start to buy enough stock at the currently "low" (sstock prices are ALL about growth and future revenue" market price and if the buying frenzy is hard enoough, the price could rise signfiicantly, and then the shareholders would be crazy to vote for an acquistion a the lower price HP's offer is at.

I believe that the shareholder vote is at the very end of June. I don't have time to go and check.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I for one can not wait to see what comes next.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    because of the legalities involved with the HP acquisition they aren't allowed to release or even talk about it until the HP sale is completed
    I keep seeing this meme, and keep failing to understand it. HP has been talking about their plans for WebOS since the acquisition was announced. They have waxed poetic about their plans to put it on all kinds of devices including tablets, printer, toasters, and everything else they can think of. The only device they have not seemed to be overly enthusiastic about is the smartphone. That is not because they can't talk about their plans for WebOS. They won't shut up about it.

Whatever the reason they are not talking about phones, it is not because they legally can't.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    I keep seeing this meme, and keep failing to understand it. HP has been talking about their plans for WebOS since the acquisition was announced. They have waxed poetic about their plans to put it on all kinds of devices including tablets, printer, toasters, and everything else they can think of. The only device they have not seemed to be overly enthusiastic about is the smartphone. That is not because they can't talk about their plans for WebOS. They won't shut up about it.

Whatever the reason they are not talking about phones, it is not because they legally can't.
    It's not the same explaining the reasons of the adquisition and launching a device.
    No one expects them to launch a device or talk about specifics in an unannounced device. This is about HP talking about their intentions in the smartphone arena. There is nothing keeping them from speaking in general terms about the competitive smartphones they plan to release running WebOS. As I said before, they have been engaging in this kind of talk for other devices from the first day of the acquisition.
    in order to keep palms stock at a standing point they will not talk about or show a new phone until the buyout has been voted on and approved or not approved. That way the voters won't vote no trying to hold out for a higher payoff than originally agreed. I believe this is most likely why we have heard nothing.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by jyaden24 View Post
    dude... What are you talkin about? The rep wasn't tryin to sell me the evo. Plus too all of hawaii is out of stock. There's a waiting list jus like how the pre was. And he owned a pre himself.
    Doesn't change the fact that store reps really don't know about anything. They are the absolute bottom of the totem pole lol
    I think taking the Sprint reps info as gospel truth is much like getting insider trading tips from the guy that delivers the Pepsi to the vending machine across the street.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Once you see the HP buyout finalized, we will see a waterfall of news about not only new equipment, but new developers, apps, and expanded webOS platforms. It's gonna be nuts
    Hope you're right. If I had an upgrade available, I'd have swithced to the EVO this week. But being forced to wait now, I'm hopeful that Palm will have something by the time my upgrade is usable in October. If not, then I'm prolly jumping from Palm's sinking ship and getting onto the Android barge.

BTW, I'm a lifelong Packer backer. Grew up on Fondy. Love your avatar.
    Twitter: dullgeek