Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Not sure if this is a hoax, but there are apps in the Palm Beta feed who has a maintainer as HP, which links to the HP.com website.

Apps:
    FinalCountDown
    Password Generator
    Maze
    RockPaperScissors

Did someone spoof HP as a maintainer or are they actively experimenting with WebOS?

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    I think it goes without saying that they are using WebOs and actively testing. Whether or not this is a legit HP account, I don't think you will ever find out.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    I doubt they are real. I might as well start making apps under the name of Steve Jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I doubt they are real. I might as well start making apps under the name of Steve Jobs.
    Your avatar=win.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Anything goes on the beta section. I've seem some of the dumbest things been published there. So this doesn't surprise me.
    Well I decided to check the developer home when I looked up the app and it took me to the HP page. I know this doesn't definately prove anything, but maybe it gives some sort of idea as to if it might be HP or not.
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Anything goes on the beta section. I've seem some of the dumbest things been published there. So this doesn't surprise me.
    dbd apps soon to be released.
    Quote Originally Posted by homerlanza View Post
    Well I decided to check the developer home when I looked up the app and it took me to the HP page. I know this doesn't definately prove anything, but maybe it gives some sort of idea as to if it might be HP or not.
    They could put a link to Yankee Stadium, it doesn't mean anything at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    dbd apps soon to be released.
    Be on the lookout for Paper Steve Productions... lol
    Well I tried.
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Quote Originally Posted by homerlanza View Post
    Well I tried.
    I know.
    I'm not knocking you for it.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Reading the descriptions, I don't think this can be someone working for HP. Unless development is outsourced to India or something..
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Reading the descriptions, I don't think this can be someone working for HP. Unless development is outsourced to India or something..
    It's most likely someone trying to take advantage of the current situation.

Has anyone contacted Palm and told them about this?
    it seems as it might not be, but if not, they have gone through the trouble to actually put the dev site as an HP site too, maybe they are..
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    That's funny, but it really isn't to us folks who work in IT.

Don't rule out the outsourced contractor in India working for HP so quickly .....They're everywhere!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    EWWW HOW DARE YOU USE THEM WORDS IN HERE (Shutters at the thought of him) lol just kidding :P
    I really hope i'm not the only one who got that ... such a good movie....

**** that noise....
    I just send a message to the developer of these apps, and he is from some far away place. There was definately a language barrier in our conversation.

I had asked him if he works for HP, and is HP taking a crash course in WebOS Programming or has he taken on this experience on his own ambition.

His response is exactly as follows... "I select an wrong catalog, but I can’t edit it. just ignore this one . I uploaded another one for a crash course in webOS programming taking by HP. thanks a lot."

... but, this was in my date header which makes me know that this is coming from somewhere far away...

"Sent: 2010年6月12日 18:10"
    Well, after seeing Chinese in my header, I decided to go find out who it was that was creating/releasing these programs. As it appears, it IS someone at HP, and they are, from what I see, spearheading this thing full speed.

The person releasing these programs is none other than Ming Zhu, a Senior Software Engineer @ HP Labs. I guess, a broken program is better than just a "Hello World" app, eh?

At least its good to see HP is taking an initiative and diving into webOS development.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    "Sent: 2010年6月12日 18:10"
    looks awfully japanese to me not chinese. and min zhu seems to be a very common name anyway. not saying you are wrong though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast