1.    #1  
    I have lengthy notes associated with tasks and contacts in Outlook, but only a small portion of the text of these notes actually sync with the Treo.

I presume that this is because notes associated with the Treo "To Do List" & "Phone Book" apps have a text limit.

Anyone know if there is there a way around this text limit (3rd party Treo apps, etc.)?
    yeppers, there is a size limit to any of palm os memos [or something like that, i think] but you can get a 3rd party proggy for it and link the buttons to take you to the program..

some of the programs i use are documents to go e.t.c.
    C:\DOS
    C:\DOS\RUN
    RUN\DOS\RUN
  3. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Originally posted by player1
    yeppers, there is a size limit to any of palm os memos [or something like that, i think] but you can get a 3rd party proggy for it and link the buttons to take you to the program..

some of the programs i use are documents to go e.t.c.
    FWIW, the size limit is 4k per memo/note... this will probably be expanded in OS 5.5/6...

For me, at least, remapping the buttons won't solve the problem. (I'm not sure if tcc is describing quite the same thing--I think so, though.) If I have an entry in the address book, and what I want in the note is more than 4k, how do I maintain that connection? Sure, I can stick the note on the unit as a DOC file, but how do I get at it from the Address Book, as opposed to opening a DOC reader?
    I'm not sure if this will work, but try WordSmith - it basically "takes over" the memo program.

I dont' have any notes that are > then 4k
  5.    #5  
    Yes, I would like to maintain the association of the notes with the specific contact/task etc.

Keeping separate documents wouldn't really help, especially when the notes are created in Outlook and then synced with the Treo.

If WordSmith is used, are contact/task notes stored as separate documents? How does it work when syncing with a PC?

It sounds to me as if the 4k size limit is tied to the OS, and not the contact/task/calendar application?