Nope.....keep the current shape and make it bigger and better period.
    No need for that button. Needs to be the gesture area...
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    No need for that button. Needs to be the gesture area...
    Agreed or the pearl for blink LED.
    i wouldn't... how about a more original design than just slapping webos on iphone 4?
    I want a physical keyboard
    Just realized those droplets on the phone is that from the penguin ??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm feelin it. Bottom line, this is beautiful hardware.
    Handspring Visorphone -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> NS4G -> FrankenPre 2
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    no go. It's like putting a BMW tag on a Lexus and saying wouldn't this make a great looking new BMW. No.
    No I've never liked the "Apple" style, and this one is no exception.
    Barf.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Apple ceo would have a fun day laughing @ palm. Don't you like our small cute shape phone.. I do! How about making the screen and keyboard more suitable for everyone.. ;-)
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    A Pre is vertical slider with a *real* physical keyboard. Nothing more nothing less.
    Personally, I think the iPhone 4 is a surprisingly unattractive and clunky looking device.

Great feature-set, no doubt. But the aesthetics are not up to usual Apple standards.
    As much as the IPhones may appeal to many - there's also plenty of people who have other preferences.

Sure - Webos would work fine on that form factor.

But many of us *like* having a slide out keyboard (either vertical or horizontal - additional diversity of preferences).

I *like* the form of the Pre. Make it *slightly* larger (doesn't need to be thinner - battery needs space if we want lot's of juice), better build materials and I have my perfect smartphone form factor.

Some people keep demanding ever bigger screens - sure more screen is more good - if you ignore the obvious trade-offs. 8 inch is better for movies and surfing than 4 inch - but larger screen also means higher cost, higher power demand and - obviously - ever less a phone size you can easy put in your pocket or use one-handed.
    It's all about trade-offs and striking the right balance and different people have different priorities.

Many people don't get IPhones - *just* because it doesn't have a physical keyboard.

And I prefer the rounded edges of the previous IPhone designs over the new hard edged version 4.

YMMV

p.s. I wouldn't be surprised if somebody hacks it and puts webos on his IPhone 4 anyway. ;-)