Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I read last week that Qualcomm has shipped out their new 3rd gen processors. Dual core, each core processing at 1.5 GHz. Any chance that the next Palm device would have these chips?
    more likely to see it in a tablet because of power requirements, IMHO
    cell phones don't even need that much power lol

but crazy stuff really
    it wasn't that long ago when a real PC was able to have dual core processors
    Give it a year we'll see quad cores for mobile electronics
    I dont under stand way people are so stuck on snapdragon. People need to take a look at Texas instruments omap4 and the Nvdia Tegra 2.
    "cell phones don't even need that much power"

Smartphones are only beginning to do what they will eventually do.. remember 10 megabyte hard drives and the P90 PC's?

Cell phones, only ten yers ago, where tasked with voice and text messages. Today, they manage data, run applications (including games), manage email, handle all types of multimedia recording and playing, and have turned the corner on starting to become "controllers" of other devices, as well.

Trust me when I say this: Smartphone processor speed and RAM will consistently increase over the next 10 years, to a point well over where it is today.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Mom always said. "you can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much CPU power."

Words to live by
    I second the OMAP4 requests. Much better than snap dragon. I would gladly wait until christmas for the next pre release if it meant it would have the new cortex 9 chip
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edgarwong View Post
    I second the OMAP4 requests. Much better than snap dragon. I would gladly wait until christmas for the next pre release if it meant it would have the new cortex 9 chip
    I agree omap4 will be better than snapdragons and A4's, but quailcomm will also go to the cortex A9's by the end of next year, for the next gen snapdragons.

It will be nice to have anything based on the cortex A9, single, double or quad cores, I'll take it.
    You also have to consider that the TI chips generally have better GPUs paired with them.

Some snapdragon phones are getting surprisingly mediocre 3d gaming performance because of this.
    Last edited by idontwan2know; 06/10/2010 at 04:32 PM.
    Mom told me that "Boats, Decks, and Diamonds" can never be too big. She was from old school, didn't know about computers
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Mom told me....You can never...ever...have too much RAM or hard drive space. (sniff sniff..she was funny like that) lol
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    lol..you guys are hilarious..
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcolon3 View Post
    I dont under stand way people are so stuck on snapdragon. People need to take a look at Texas instruments omap4 and the Nvdia Tegra 2.
    This ^

Snapdragons are just power hogs, I would love a Tegra 2.
    I'm not gonna lie, the Snapdragon on my Evo is lame. Pre overclocked did just as well as my Evo doing normal stuff, and the Pre stomped my Evo in anything graphics heavy. Oh well. I think I would've stayed Pre if I had a choice. (my Pre was stolen and I was sort've forced into upgrading)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmid7y View Post
    This ^

Snapdragons are just power hogs, I would love a Tegra 2.
    i would venture to say the omap4 will be the next one to show up in the palm brand phones but it could be the tegra 2 as well . but i would put my money on the omap4 !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->