1.    #1  
    Former Palm CIO Devoted To iPhone - Forbes.com

I wonder when she left Palm. Probably prior to the new Ruby regime took over. Oh well....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Sheesh!
    People moving all over the place.
    netapp... she's done well since palm.
    Gezz...everyone is leaving Palm
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Tech and business reporters have nothing better to do but dig dirt.
    First she is a no name person that they have to say former CIO of PALM rather than her name.
    Second it is expected that folks jump the ship after a merger.
    Third the issue is not with folks jumping the ship, but being able to execute the plan PALM had. People come and go.

Makes me wonder how much of a transformation effort Ruby did when he brought on all these great minds. Only he could have brought some marketing wizard then PALM would have stayed independent.
    We're losing all of our "pillars".
    I love WebOS, I just hope these changes are met with equally if not better replacements or WP7 is looking a lot like my next platform.
    So what was the point of the news that Forbes reported on? Still trying to figure it out.

How long ago she left Palm? When she says "she never used Palm Pre" sounds Pre came after she left Palm i could be wrong.
    Just "business as usual" in the high tech world, I mean didn't a lot of people come over from Apple?
    Have you tried the Palm Pre, though?

I have not tried Palm Pre. I moved on, so now I'm an iPhone devotee.

This sounds real current, no?
    she left before the Palm Pre was made??? WHY ARE WE POSTING THIS?!?!
    Global Posts
    505 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    That exactly what it sounds like to me also, I'm guessing it's been at least a couple years since she left and usually when an employee leaves a company their loyalty goes with it. This appears to be nothing more significant than what I would consider to be Tech Paparazzi just digging up crap trying to make it important. IMO.
    She joined NetApp in 2005 from Palm Inc

Marina Levinson facts - Freebase

Timely
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    First she is a no name person that they have to say former CIO of PALM rather than her name.
    a no name person to the consumer... just like netapp is a no name company to the consumer.

but if you do know who netapp is and what they do and you see how netapp has exploded with her as CIO and compare how palm has fared in that time...

well, i guess you wouldnt understand.
    Hey!! You see who posted this?! A MODERATOR that's who.
    You see the first reply??? A MODERATOR that's who.

If they feel the post is fine then THE POST IS FINE.

I think complaining about a Moderator's post is given an infraction point right?
    I know I got a point recently for something like that

Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
  15. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    a no name person to the consumer... just like netapp is a no name company to the consumer.

but if you do know who netapp is and what they do and you see how netapp has exploded with her as CIO and compare how palm has fared in that time...

well, i guess you wouldnt understand.
    Really Yup I wouldn't understand. She is not even in the executive board of NetApp. Why would anyone care about some ex CIO's comments whose job is to run the systems than designing a phone.
  16. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Check her interview , its obvious that she is not an engineer type.

The Outlook: CIO Profile - Marina Levinson
  17. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    So what was the point of the news that Forbes reported on? Still trying to figure it out.
    I'm with darkzone. That 'article' or whatever it is, is just the most useless piece of stuff posted on digital print. Don't they have editors over there?

Now, if they asked Jeff Hawkins what he uses these days I'd be interested.
    Personally, I believe one of the main reasons that webOS is missing so much functionality is that Palm employees are not forced to use it. (Actuality, they should have been forced to use PalmOS devices while creating webOS, too.) I would expect the third or fourth call after hours to an admin to log in and restart something would provide sufficient motivation to provide VPN, remote access VNC/RDP, SSH, FTP, Telnet, etc. Sadly, they probably use their iPhone or Terminal on webOS -- neither of which is an acceptable answer for Palm customers.

How do Palm employees schedule meetings with their webOS devices???
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    How do Palm employees schedule meetings with their webOS devices???
    You email your admin
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    (Actuality, they should have been forced to use PalmOS devices while creating webOS, too.)

That is a terrific point.

I still don't understand how, as advanced as PalmOS and the app ecosystem was, they launched a phone that didn't even come close to meeting the productivity basics that the current users expected.

I said this elsewhere but I will say it again: Palm devotees became that way because the PDA, and then the phone, were indispensable for productivity. Calendaring, project management, task/note taking. No one did it better.

Then they launched this phone that was all about entertainment. Games. Flash (or promises of).

WTH? A completely different market?

They went after Apple, and should have been going after RIM.