1.    #1  
    Here's what may be a dumb question--how do I replicate the graffiti command stroke with the Treo keyboard? The command key in the lower right hand corner brings up the menu. But in grafitti, a stroke from the lower left corner to the upper right of the grafitti area brought up a useful command bar at the bottom of the screen (and with Newpen grafitti freeware, that still works.

Thanks for your help,

Kami
    It's not that dumb. Took me a little bit to figure out.

Just press the 's' key and then the '...' key (right of space bar).
    That's not what he's talking about. That's the shortcut command.

As for what you're talking about, I never got any command bar at the bottom of my IIIx when I made the command stroke (:menu: ). I think that must have been the result of non standard software.
  4.    #4  
    Maybe the command stroke bringing up the command bar is a function of the OS. I recall getting it on my IIIXE, which may have had a later version of the Palm OS than your IIIX.

Using Newpen to get graffiti on my Treo, I tested the command stroke in a couple of apps and it did produce the command bar at the bottom. I have found that most useful for cut and paste operations, so if you do figure out how to do that on the Treo with the keyboard, please continue the thread. (Or maybe I should get used to Newpen and juggling both graffiti and the keyboard--that takes some getting used to).
    Kami
    oops, i should take a course in reading comprehension.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    That's not what he's talking about. That's the shortcut command.

As for what you're talking about, I never got any command bar at the bottom of my IIIx when I made the command stroke (:menu: ). I think that must have been the result of non standard software.
    Nope. It was totally standard software. IIRC, the Palm IIIx used PalmOS 3.0, 3.1, or 3.3 out of the box depending on when it was bought. The command bar was introduced in PalmOS 3.5. It's still there in the Treo but there doesn't seem to be a way to access it without a Graffiti stroke (so you'll normally only see it on a Treo 180g). When NewPen or RecoEcho are installed and active, you can make a command stroke on the screen and bring up the command bar.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    This was really frustrating at first because B-Dicty had a great pop-up window activated with the command bar. They have since made a work-around for the Treo. I'm betting that this is the best option--I don't expect to see it supported again.
    --Pruitt

IBM Workpad-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Platinum-->Treo 180-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Centro
    Hi there,

NewPen available on www.palmgear.com and elsewhere on the net provides both on-screen Graffiti and command bar functionality. It is nice to se the old command bar back on your screen if you are used to Palm OS 3.5 functionality.

While I like the command bar functionality, you should not overlook the fact that the Treo was designed to function without a command bar. When you have any application open, all of the menu shortcusts are active; that means in practice that all you have to do is press the Menu key and the letter of the menu shortcut to execute the command. In most applications Menu key+c will copy to the clipboard without you ever seeing the menu item.

For those hackers out there, you can use RrsrcEdit to change the menu shortcuts if you dont like the ones already allocated or want to add ones to unassigned menu items.

The one Graffiti function I really miss is 'turn off an lock' mapped to a Graffiti stroke. Anyone got any useful suggestions for an alternate hack to provide easy lock and off functionality?

MetaD
    I miss the comand bar too -

but for simple text editing, there is yet another solution; I use teal launch, and map combinations of buttons to copy, cut and paste function (e.g. mail + phone =copy)

Hope handspring are reading this thread...