Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    On a German Ebay I notice the following, and since I do not understand German maybe someone here can tell me what this is?

GPS Navigationssystem

Handspring TREO.
    Echter 12 Kanal GPS Empfänger der neuen Generation (neuer, konkurrenzlos genauer Quick-Nav Chipsatz) mit permanenten Positionsupdate zur absolut genauen Positionsbestimmung.

Hochpräziser GPS Empfänger mit einem Nominalabweichung von max. 3 Meter.

Diese GPS Maus mit diesem Chipsatz wird speziell für uns angefertigt.

Aufgrund der hochempfindlichen Empfangsqualität und der direkten Standortbestimmung (man muss nicht ersten etliche Minuten warten, bis die aktuelle Position endlich berechnet ist....und dann schon lange an einer Strasse vorbeigefahren ist...) ist unser GPS Empfänger sogar für landesvermesserische Ingenieurs Aufgaben klassifiziert.

Der zur Zeit genaueste und schnellste für zivile Anwendungen zugelassene GPS Receiver !

Sie verbinden einfach den Treo mit dem GPS Empfänger und schon kann's losgehen. Eine weitere Installation oder Verkabelung ist nicht erforderlich !

Während der Fahrt werden Treo und GPS bequem mit Strom aus dem Zigarettenanzünder versorgt.
    Here's what the autotranslator came up with...

"Government inspection department navigation system handjump TREO. More genuinly 12 channel government inspection department receiver of the new generation (newer, competitionless exact Quick Nav chip set) with permanent position updates for absolutely exact positioning. Highly precise government inspection department receiver with nominal deviation from max. a 3 meter. These government inspection departments mouse with this chip set particularly for us one makes. Due to the highly sensitive receipt quality and the direct locating (one does not have to wait first some minutes, until the current position is finally computed....und then already for a long time at a road drove past...) our government inspection department receiver is classified even for landesvermesserische of engineer tasks. At present most exact and fastest government inspection departments receiver certified for civilian applications! They connect simply the Treo with the government inspection department receiver and already kann's loose-go. A further installation or wiring is not necessary! While driving Treo and government inspection departments are supplied comfortably with river from the cigarette lighter."

Ok, so what the heck does that mean?
    Using the online translation tool from Altavista, the text translates as:

Government inspection department navigation system

Handjump TREO.
    More genuinly 12 channel government inspection department receiver of the new generation (newer, competitionless exact Quick Nav chip set) with permanent position updates for absolutely exact positioning.

Highly precise government inspection department receiver with nominal deviation from max. 3 meter.

These government inspection departments mouse with this chip set particularly for us one makes.

Due to the highly sensitive receipt quality and the direct locating (one does not have to wait first some minutes, until the current position is finally computed....und then already for a long time at a road drove past...) our government inspection department receiver is classified even for landesvermesserische of engineer tasks.

At present most exact and fastest government inspection departments receiver certified for civilian applications!

They connect simply the Treo with the government inspection department receiver and already kann's loose-go. A further installation or wiring is not necessary!

While driving Treo and government inspection departments are supplied comfortably with river from the cigarette lighter.
    Kind of rough, but maybe something useful there?
    Helle,

three weeks ago, I've bought this GPS.
    It's an 9090 OEM GPS-Reciever from Holux with an PS2-Cable for the treo.

Until now it doesn't work on my german Treo 180g . :-((

The company who sold it to me, told me that thy hav just tried it on a american Treo. At the Moment they try to fix the Problem.

Ciao,
    Joachim
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Please let me know if you get it to work, the only difference between the American version and the European version is that the American use the 900/1900 net and the European use the 900/1800 net,
    As far as I know there is no 1900 net in Germany, so maybe its a fake, If I was you I would ask for a better explanation why it does not work.
    There r more than 2 GPS unit what compatible with Treo.. Why u dont use one of them?

Zo
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    And they are?