1.    #1  
    Someone who just acquired a Foleo is making a blow by blow account of its everyday usage on a blog site

Ixle Foleo

Pretty interesting stuff. It has been mentioned on palminfocenter but i didnt see it here anywhere here in precentral.

I myself have had successful attempts to buy it over on ebay. Have been outbid everytime. ONe sold for $620!

Palm Foleo - SUPER RARE! PALM nostalgia at its best... - eBay (item 300429398408 end time May-26-10 18:54:31 PDT)

Remember in Steve Job's D8 interview, he claimed to be the first to place SSD on laptops.... I am guessing that is not true. I wonder what he learned from the Foleo because the day jeff Hawkins presented this on D5 (or D6?) was the day Jobs and Gates were interviewed on stage.
    How many were made?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Remember in Steve Job's D8 interview, he claimed to be the first to place SSD on laptops.... I am guessing that is not true. I wonder what he learned from the Foleo because the day jeff Hawkins presented this on D5 (or D6?) was the day Jobs and Gates were interviewed on stage.
    You're not trying to say the Fooleo was a laptop are you?

Other devices had SSDs before Jobs put on in a MacBook Air, but those devices were UMPCs or the Sony Vaio UX models which were hardly laptops.

Ironic that you posted a reminder to this embarrassing historical account in the "Future Palm Devices." Maybe one of the helpful mods will move this over to the long-forgotten Fooleo forum on Treo Central - it has no business being here.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    How many were made?
    For every Fooleo made, it was one too many.
    Looks like ixel is on the forum. He thanked your post!
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    No videos ixle?
    I want some speed vids.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    I believe there were something like 300 or so actually made, and the only people who got them were Palm employees and developers. In fact, I think they signed a document saying they wouldn't sell them too, but I think it's awesome that one actually made it's way out of the 'inner sanctum' like this.
    Funny how the screen protector people jumped the gun on production. 2 people selling protectors for it on ebay. Or maybe they made it for the 300 that were produced.
    wow, one of the first netbooks
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    wow, one of the first netbooks
    Except that it was too anemic to qualify as a netbook.