Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    Whatta ya know, I got the same response too! :-)

Message I sent:

I am concerned by the reports of a recent statement which was made by Mr. Hurd, regarding HP's purchase of Palm, Inc.: "We didn't buy Palm to be in the smartphone business. And I tell people that, but it doesn't seem to resonate well".

I would be one of those people with whom this statement does not resonate well with. I have enlisted Palm-based products for over a decade to organize my life, share information, and keep in touch with others. I do not believe in the "other team's" philosophy of a closed environment and kept waiting for Palm to make a come back with the release of a new product to replace my aging Treo, which I refused to part with. When the Pre was released, I purchased mine within a month and could not have been happier with it. It had an incredible multitasking OS, with an intuitive interface, a superior web browser, and a future of great things to come. I even picked up a Pixi for my Wife, who has never owned a smartphone before, and she loves it. I have been eagerly awaiting the next WebOS smartphone release to see something that may be even better than my Pre.

Anyway, while a WebOS-powered tablet would certainly be a wonderful product that I may be interested in, it is not a smartphone which I would carry with me at all times and use the way that I do with my Pre. I sincerely hope that the family of WebOS products which HP envisions includes WebOS smartphones like the Palm Pre and Pixi.

I look forward to continuing my journey through life with a Palm/HP smartphone to assist me.
    That sounds a little more intelligent than, "Well, (blank) you then."
    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    This was my message to him:

The response I received was the exact same as you and the others.
    Stop lieing, you know you are not madly in love with you Palm Pre right now. After i watched the iPhone 4 videos, i lost 50% of the love for my Palm Pre, but webos love still remains at an alarming 95%. I still believe Palm can pull through with a better looking device to convince stacy, her mother and her 16 uncles to leave their iPhone's for a Palm Pre 2 (whatever HP decides to call it). I want an OS thats well recognized, so we can get alot of apps. Its 2010, the apps makes the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    What?
    lol..

I was kidding. But you've been posting numbers in threads, and i've made sure to pay attention.
  4.    #24  
    For those of you chiding me about cursing out HP in an email, you're correct; I should have been more mature than to go off on a tangent like that, write it in an email, and fire it off.

But, I was ****ed! So that makes everything OK

(Yes, I'm kidding about that making everything OK.)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12