Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 182
  1. #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post

    BTW, don't expect anything close to an official announcement until the buyout is 100% complete. Could create some serious complications if Palm does anything to mess with its stockprice before the vote.
    This makes a lot of damn sense... stock price goes up, vote is rejected because the stockholders would want a fair price...
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
  2. #162  
    Well, the stock price has already been capped by the HP offer of $5.70/share that won't change unless Palm shareholders ask for more, and that is not likely.

    If ANY stock price would be affected by a positive surge in demand for PALM devices, it would be HP.

    To be safe, PALM won't announce anything signficant until the shareholder vote for the HP buyout has been completed.

    After that should be quite interesting.

    All IMO, of course.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

  3. #163  
    You keep proving my point , the Pre Plus did terrible. No one seems to want it . What does that say for a new WEB OS device when the ones out right now dont sell. Thats commons sense. What HP is going to put a front camera and a bigger screen and suddenly the Pre2 will sell . There is absolutley no mass consumer market for a WEB OS right now. Period. Just us die hards here . Thats why the CEO of HP said he is not wasting any money on smartphones before HP reversed what he said. I wouldnt waste any money on a phone that no one other then Palm die hards seem to want. We only got 2 months to wait on the merger finalization. Hopefully there is some info then but its already way too late.

    As for wasting my upgrade. Read some of the post here at precentral , there are alot of people who would have "wasted" our upgrades. Alot of post back then about how we want our Pre Pluses. I would have run to the Sprint store and got it and probally been pretty pizzed after I got it to realize it still has all the issues of the Pre.

    I think alot of people here ignore facts. Thats not just me.

    Quote Originally Posted by prince201 View Post
    So you would rather waste your upgrade on the same phone as opposed to a new one? It makes no since for Sprint to carry the Pre Plus now so please stop with this nonsense about how "Palm tried hard to get it to Sprint!" Yes, the Plus comes with more memory, but they still get the tmc and all the errors the original gets, so what sense would it make to get it and try to push it?? You can bash Sprint all you want but you can NOT refute the facts! How'd that Pre Plus do on Verizon? You keep repeating the same things in your posts but you constantly ignore the facts!
  4. prince201's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    You keep proving my point , the Pre Plus did terrible. No one seems to want it . What does that say for a new WEB OS device when the ones out right now dont sell. Thats commons sense. What HP is going to put a front camera and a bigger screen and suddenly the Pre2 will sell . There is absolutley no mass consumer market for a WEB OS right now. Period. Just us die hards here . Thats why the CEO of HP said he is not wasting any money on smartphones before HP reversed what he said. I wouldnt waste any money on a phone that no one other then Palm die hards seem to want. We only got 2 months to wait on the merger finalization. Hopefully there is some info then but its already way too late.

    As for wasting my upgrade. Read some of the post here at precentral , there are alot of people who would have "wasted" our upgrades. Alot of post back then about how we want our Pre Pluses. I would have run to the Sprint store and got it and probally been pretty pizzed after I got it to realize it still has all the issues of the Pre.

    I think alot of people here ignore facts. Thats not just me.
    People don't want the Pre Plus, because of hardware issues and the fact that the OS still needs some fine tuning, which OBVIOUSLY will be addressed in any new device! It's called GROWTH! IT HAPPENS! You always say A LOT of ppl but of the 2 million ppl on Sprint who bought Pres, I highly doubt "a lot" of them would waste their upgrade on the same damn phone. It's just not smart! As far as me "proving your point," if you make a valid one then that statement may hold water. Your "point" was that Sprint was a failure and they should have and should in the future launch on Verizon! Well, you just admitted that the Pre Plus did terrible(Verizon). I don't know man, seems pretty logical to me.
  5. #165  
    thats wierd because sprint sold alot of their pre's (over 2 million) again and again and again as I keep stating. Customer releations at sprint state they dont have alot of inventory left either, BUT VERIZON DOES and thats there fault due to bad marketing not so much Palm and WebOS. Even in polls like Laptopmag.com where they show most people prefer the Verizon Pre plus over even the droid, and nexus one (it blew it out in votes and mind you there were over 20k votes for the pre plus. Logically, and with the rumors already with a new Webos phone coming to sprint it makes sense. Not just with a basic rotation, and having released a phone less then 6 months ago on Verizon and them ****ting on it the way they did, but sprint moved more units with a less reworked design then what AT&T and Verizon got, and still shows Palm love. Regardless of the HP aquisiton Palm has a phone ready to go soon. After the HP aquisition regardless of what HP states I dont think their that incompetent to not see that mobile devices will be key for them, to make more moves in this industry. So I say expect a device as early as July to as late as novemeber to be released ON SPRINT.
  6. #166  
    Quote Originally Posted by prince201 View Post
    People don't want the Pre Plus, because of hardware issues and the fact that the OS still needs some fine tuning, which OBVIOUSLY will be addressed in any new device! It's called GROWTH! IT HAPPENS! You always say A LOT of ppl but of the 2 million ppl on Sprint who bought Pres, I highly doubt "a lot" of them would waste their upgrade on the same damn phone. It's just not smart! As far as me "proving your point," if you make a valid one then that statement may hold water. Your "point" was that Sprint was a failure and they should have and should in the future launch on Verizon! Well, you just admitted that the Pre Plus did terrible(Verizon). I don't know man, seems pretty logical to me.
    +1 and if the pre did so bad on sprint how come they broke the launch day record on sprint first, and then sold more then 2million units. Palm and Sprint have a good relationship. The CFO stated it didnt go as well as we hoped, meaning if they had more inventory available they would have sold more then what they did to break the initial record right. These people need to wake up, Verizon ****ted on Palm, and as far as Im concerned they would be last to get a new device. Sprint still has over 40 million subscribers so its not like they cant make a dent with a good release again.
  7. #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    There is absolutley no mass consumer market for a WEB OS right now. Period. Just us die hards here .
    I think Precentral is the diehards, and reading the posts here does give a distorted view of the market. Yes, the gadget lovers bought a Pre on the day it went on sale, and many of those then bought the Evo on the day it went on sale.

    But most people didn't buy the Pre on day one. Those folks are still locked in their contracts. Others haven't heard of the Evo yet, have no idea HP bought Palm, and have no idea that Microsoft is releasing a new OS.

    If you read treocentral in the past, you'd see that many of the die hards HATED the centro, yet that phone made a fortune for Palm. That is the mass consumer market, not precentral.

    Precentral is NOT made up of typical users.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  8. prince201's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    I think Precentral is the diehards, and reading the posts here does give a distorted view of the market. Yes, the gadget lovers bought a Pre on the day it went on sale, and many of those then bought the Evo on the day it went on sale.

    But most people didn't buy the Pre on day one. Those folks are still locked in their contracts. Others haven't heard of the Evo yet, have no idea HP bought Palm, and have no idea that Microsoft is releasing a new OS.

    If you read treocentral in the past, you'd see that many of the die hards HATED the centro, yet that phone made a fortune for Palm. That is the mass consumer market, not precentral.

    Precentral is NOT made up of typical users.
    Very nicely stated, thank you! While I love the community here, Precentral is not the be all end all when it comes to the Pre. Obviously, since there aren't 2 million + members.
  9. #169  
    just a quick comment about leaks vs rumours (rumors). Just because 2 people say the same thing, those 2 rumours don't become a leak. When you see a picture of a new Blackberry before it's announced, that's a leak.
  10. #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlio View Post
    just a quick comment about leaks vs rumours (rumors). Just because 2 people say the same thing, those 2 rumours don't become a leak. When you see a picture of a new Blackberry before it's announced, that's a leak.
    or a photoshop image.
  11. #171  
    lol now thats funny.....theres a leak
  12. #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by feltmoney View Post
    thx hater... why don't you go "whirl" yourself
    WOW dude, what are you, 4? "Hater"

    Just because someone doesn't believe your post...
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
  13. #173  
    The more I think about it the more I think your right. I might be reading too much into something. I did want the Pre Plus at the time but your right . what would have been the point for just a little extra memory. Guess I should be extremly glad that Sprint did not get it and I did not waste my upgrade.

    Quote Originally Posted by prince201 View Post
    People don't want the Pre Plus, because of hardware issues and the fact that the OS still needs some fine tuning, which OBVIOUSLY will be addressed in any new device! It's called GROWTH! IT HAPPENS! You always say A LOT of ppl but of the 2 million ppl on Sprint who bought Pres, I highly doubt "a lot" of them would waste their upgrade on the same damn phone. It's just not smart! As far as me "proving your point," if you make a valid one then that statement may hold water. Your "point" was that Sprint was a failure and they should have and should in the future launch on Verizon! Well, you just admitted that the Pre Plus did terrible(Verizon). I don't know man, seems pretty logical to me.
  14. #174  
    Well said. I still say HP lost alot of potential buyers for a web os device as a whole lot of Pre owners dumped there Pres for the EVO and are now stuck in a 1-2 year contract and that includes alot of people not here so the "past" buyers market is relativley smaller. I was just making the observation that HP should have said something or anything about there plans before the EVO and Iphone release. Would have held alot of defectors at bay. I might have waitied to see what was coming. But again I think your correct and I was wrong.
    My Plan is to learn Android and if say HP releases a new phone in Feb 2011. see how it goes, works and if the developers start to pay attention ( with HP behind them , they might) becasue I want apps!!!. Im having a ball with Androids apps. ( Slingplayer coming in July) and then in June 2011 see if I want to use my upgrade again . But at the same time I am loving Android. And I am still have my Pre and using it. I didnt know that the Pre works without Sprint. The APP Markey , Internet and Email all work throuh Wfii. The only thing that does not work is Text and Phone. I gave the PRE to my son. he loves some of the games.

    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    I think Precentral is the diehards, and reading the posts here does give a distorted view of the market. Yes, the gadget lovers bought a Pre on the day it went on sale, and many of those then bought the Evo on the day it went on sale.

    But most people didn't buy the Pre on day one. Those folks are still locked in their contracts. Others haven't heard of the Evo yet, have no idea HP bought Palm, and have no idea that Microsoft is releasing a new OS.

    If you read treocentral in the past, you'd see that many of the die hards HATED the centro, yet that phone made a fortune for Palm. That is the mass consumer market, not precentral.

    Precentral is NOT made up of typical users.
  15. prince201's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    The more I think about it the more I think your right. I might be reading too much into something. I did want the Pre Plus at the time but your right . what would have been the point for just a little extra memory. Guess I should be extremly glad that Sprint did not get it and I did not waste my upgrade.
    That's all I'm trying to say bro! Why pay and waste your upgrade for some minor memory enhancements? I agree with your last two posts. HP/Palm did lose some customers to the Evo(not sure how many) and I wonder if and how many of those customers would come back if Palm announced a new device within the first 30 days of the Evo launch? Only 26 days left! haha
  16. #176  
    I not saying I would not return my EVO but I dont think I would . If say a phone comes out ( lets use a middle date ) October 2010. I can absolutley wait to see how it is recieved and if developers actually care. But would have to have a large screen.Me ( only talking about me) would never go back to a small screen. and Live Wallpapers is pretty awsome. A custome home screen with my "TODAY" , list of messages , Calendar , appoitments , To Do and text. I loved those things on the Palm OS ( LIke 2DAY and other programs) and I love the way Andorid does it. . To me it doesnt matter how great WEB OS is Im very happy with Android even thought the OS isnt as good as WEB OS . But if you have not seen the videos , Froyo is going to make Android close to as good as WEB OS( no way better but as good in some ways). I am a google guy. I use google Maps, Earth, Docs , Email and calendars . I live on the google cloud and Andorid works better obviously with all those thing( Pre works terriffic also but Google is Android). Theres alot to like about Android. See how I feel in June 2011. But as I said I gave my son the Pre and eventually I will switch out his Centro for it. So I will be on both forums and enjoy both phones. Still a Palm Pre user here.


    Quote Originally Posted by prince201 View Post
    That's all I'm trying to say bro! Why pay and waste your upgrade for some minor memory enhancements? I agree with your last two posts. HP/Palm did lose some customers to the Evo(not sure how many) and I wonder if and how many of those customers would come back if Palm announced a new device within the first 30 days of the Evo launch? Only 26 days left! haha
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 06/08/2010 at 08:43 PM.
  17. #177  
    I sure do not hope so i just got my palm pre plus -_-
  18. #178  
    So two phones? a 4.3in slab and a 3.8 inch slider?
    I would like that.

    Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  19. #179  
    The usage time on my pre battery are 80/20 on data to voice.
    It means 80% of time we need a bigger screen.
    A physical slide(hidden)keyboard with 4.3 screen makes sense to me especially one can use Bluetooth ear bug.
  20. #180  
    Did you guys hear this?
    http://forums.precentral.net/future-...0-info-26.html


    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    3.8" IPS Capacitive Touch Screen
    Cortex A9 1.0-1.2Ghz
    512MB RAM
    OMAP4430 - POWERVR SGX540 Graphics
    16GB - 32GB Internal Memory
    Improved Vertical keyboard - Larger Buttons, better design
    No MicroSD Slot.
    Gesture Area
    1550 MaH Battery
    WebOS 1.5 will introduce a horizontal virtual keyboard.
    4G will be optional, but it will have the modem present.
    This phone will be announced shortly before the closing deal with HP. Early July.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions