Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I'm kind of hoping they do come out with a new name and not the Pre-xxx. Something to not evoke the memories of the issues the Pre had in the beginning.
    Agreed. It should be like witness protection: Name change, relocation, disavowal of the past.
    Generally people with creditable information don't need to censor their posts with **** and don't use over excessive punctuation.

Just saying......these are the facts.
    he's excited!!!!!!!!!! Lol
    could be true, remember when need for speed running on palm pre was leaked that guy was rediculed?
    assuming that palm would not have had enough time to react to the announcement of the evo, I can't see palm and htc independently deciding to make a phone that big. But I am no expert on production cycles.
    Here is the "killer" palm C40 link I got from the webOSroundup forum. http://www.pyramydair.com/images/crosman-c40.jpg. I hope no one takes this tooooo seriously, I actually found it a little funny.
    Last edited by kid james; 06/06/2010 at 09:07 AM. Reason: misspelled a word
    Quote Originally Posted by Bib View Post
    first off: the 'leak' is probably just made up since most of it is common sense, the rest is wishful thinking. But this has developed to a nice anticipation thread.

I, too, think that the new device should come out in fall. Missing the Holidays in 2010 would be nothing less than desaterous. I'm hoping some first official leaks will come out in august, since the acquisition will be completed then. Also the releases of so many powerful Android devices and Froyo and of course the iPhone 4 will put pressure on Palm.

I'd like to see 3.7" display-wise. I tried the droid and I felt that the size is a pretty damn good compromise between portability, readability and comfort.
    The Pre's screen is nice, too. A lot of potential customers will want more emphasis on portability and don't care too much about megaherzes. I hope the Pre Plus will gain some kind of cult status in the future. Let's be honest: If you don't happen to be an enthusiast with a new phone every 6 Months, why would you want more? Ah I got OT
    A 4.3" screen is far too big IMHO. I've seen it on the HD2 and just couldn't imagine holding it to my ear and talking into it. It's more like a MID, not meant to be carried around on a daily basis.
    Most important: It should have at least 800ish resolution and a smudge and scratch resistant glass screen!

Regarding 4G: I don't really understand the fuss around 4G. OK, it's faster. I don't care. Even if 4G was widely available I wouldn't. Most of the time I get along fine with EDGE. IMO Palm should skip that for their next device.

I second this comment except for the part of the leak, because to me its probable as well as I myself have sources that say the same. Though I too was in the store viewing the EVO, and the droid incrediable and I must say the droid incrediable is a perfect size. As I stated before 3.7 should be the max for a cell phone, because comes with that size is portablity. A 4 inch phone (unless your able to scale the screen realeastate to the edges of the device) is way too big and approaches a tablet type form. The idea of it being portable goes out the window. The EVO yet nice is just too big, though I too will prob get whatever new device will be running WebOS, me being a june 6 sprint pre owner too. I hope that if it is pushing 4 inches the screen is stretched to the edges of the phone, and the VK is on point.
    4.3?pls make it a tablet,it's too big for me as a cell
    Truth or not I believe something new is in the making.
  10. Bib
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    ...to me its probable as well as I myself have sources that say the same.
    Of course it's probable. Most of it is common sense. Many ppl can come up with this independently. Don't get me wrong I don't blame anybody. I'm even a bit excited to see this happen:

Have look at
    Ghost in the Shell - Stand alone Complex
    This thread is so much like episode 8 *g*

PS: OMFG I can see images! O_o
    Last edited by Bib; 06/06/2010 at 11:01 AM. Reason: clarification
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Truth or not I believe something new is in the making.
    +1. There could be hundreds of rumors or "leaks", but we all know that something IS coming.
    No, the joke is that it's being realeased on Sprint. Those who do not learn from their failures are doomed to repeat them.

--MGb
    Couple things to keep in mind.

1 - When sprint announced the 4G phones scheduled for this year they said "These are the phones we know will for sure be out this year. There may be a couple other's, but until we know for sure we won't include them"

If for some reason the HP purchase doesn't go through, Palm will most likely not release a new phone. And there was enough uncertainty at the time of the announcement that Sprint didn't feel comfortable including a Palm device yet.

2 - Previous palm devices with a keyboard hardly point to Palm being willing to put out a phone without a keyboard today. Those old devices were stylus input, and a stylus today isn't acceptable.

That being said, I completely expect palm to release phones without a keyboard, diversity is king, and there are people who don't want a keyboard.

3 - Sprint didn't want the Nexus because it really is an out of date, buggy, and poorly supported phone. With the Evo's pending release at the time for sprint to take on an andriod phone that couldn't even begin to compete wouldn't have made sense. In addition, they would have been the only CDMA carrier and based on all the problems the phone had would have faced significant support issues. Even Google has stopped selling the phone themselves, it was and is a dog.

Finally, people discredit 'rumor's because we haven't seen leaks about the phone. But isn't this a 'leak' that would legitimize the rumors? I love how the community will cannibalize itself and produce significant double talk. A new phone isn't on the way because there haven't been leaks, when there are leaks they are wrong because they don't include pictures, when there are pictures they are wrong because there haven't been leaks.

My money is on a new Palm phone released this year. they are waiting for Apple to announce the CDMA iPhone before they announce theirs this time. And I expect completely that it will be CDMA first and Sprint will get it first, not contractually but because that's just the way it will work out.

And whoever said it would be cool on a moorestown processor, hell yeah, webOS would scream!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    +1. There could be hundreds of rumors or "leaks", but we all know that something IS coming.
    LOL Everything that people are saying is based off of common sense.

Everyone is saying the same thing: Large Screen, awesomeness, larger screen, and more awesomeness (did I mention the larger screen?)

Stop me if I'm lying!
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
  15.    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
    Couple things to keep in mind.

1 - When sprint announced the 4G phones scheduled for this year they said "These are the phones we know will for sure be out this year. There may be a couple other's, but until we know for sure we won't include them"

If for some reason the HP purchase doesn't go through, Palm will most likely not release a new phone. And there was enough uncertainty at the time of the announcement that Sprint didn't feel comfortable including a Palm device yet.

2 - Previous palm devices with a keyboard hardly point to Palm being willing to put out a phone without a keyboard today. Those old devices were stylus input, and a stylus today isn't acceptable.

That being said, I completely expect palm to release phones without a keyboard, diversity is king, and there are people who don't want a keyboard.

3 - Sprint didn't want the Nexus because it really is an out of date, buggy, and poorly supported phone. With the Evo's pending release at the time for sprint to take on an andriod phone that couldn't even begin to compete wouldn't have made sense. In addition, they would have been the only CDMA carrier and based on all the problems the phone had would have faced significant support issues. Even Google has stopped selling the phone themselves, it was and is a dog.

Finally, people discredit 'rumor's because we haven't seen leaks about the phone. But isn't this a 'leak' that would legitimize the rumors? I love how the community will cannibalize itself and produce significant double talk. A new phone isn't on the way because there haven't been leaks, when there are leaks they are wrong because they don't include pictures, when there are pictures they are wrong because there haven't been leaks.

My money is on a new Palm phone released this year. they are waiting for Apple to announce the CDMA iPhone before they announce theirs this time. And I expect completely that it will be CDMA first and Sprint will get it first, not contractually but because that's just the way it will work out.

And whoever said it would be cool on a moorestown processor, hell yeah, webOS would scream!!!!!
    +1

Logical, articulate and well thought out post. may have single-handedly convinced me u might be my favorite member in the forums. UZE MY BOY!
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Generally people with creditable information don't need to censor their posts with **** and don't use over excessive punctuation.

Just saying......these are the facts.
    Facts or biased statistics? I AM EXCITED JOIN ME PLEASE!
    Quote Originally Posted by feltmoney View Post
    Facts or biased statistics? I AM EXCITED JOIN ME PLEASE!
    im wit you, and believe your leak is just that and not a rumor. I have heard as well from my connect, let alone on here, and the logics behind the release of a device this year. I'll be sticking to that assumption, so im excited too.
    Quote Originally Posted by prince201 View Post
    It's not like it was some sort of punishment that Sprint didn't get the Plus version! What business sense would it make to release the same phone, with memory upgrades 7 or so months after the original?? It's really not that strange, it's just common sense! 1)You can't upgrade after 7 months. 2)Even if you could, would you waste your upgrade on memory enhancements and the removal of a button?? While I agree with you that releasing on all carriers would likely be best, quoting these analysts who say Palms mistake was releasing on Sprint is an absolute JOKE! Men lie, women lie, NUMBERS DON'T! Sprint sold more phones with less subscribers and the lesser model! "Analyze That!" LOL
    ..this makes sense..
    There will be 2 web os devices - one large form factor and one smaller form factor for the next gen palm phones.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    4.3 doesn't have to be that much bigger if they use most of the real estate for screen... eliminate most of the border on the current pre and you get close to 4".