Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    I agree the size is perfect. I also like the rounded corners I think it fits in your hand better. All the new brick style phones are not as comfortable to hold in my opinion.
    curious thought. If this is indeed a 4g phone then the fact that if this is true I think the screen size has more to do with giving more room for radios and bigger battery then just having a big screen. Anyone else feel this is possibly the reason?
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    With Sprint? That sucks.
    us users with sprint deserve it first. We have been in this longer with this phone,,watched as other carriers came aboard with more memory.
    agreed. Us with sprint have the worst build quality phones fro what I've heard. All my problems include cracked battery door, excessive headphone/sound issues (phone thinks headphones are plugged in sometimes even when I don't use them). Power buton.

plus we have half the memory for both storage and ram. I don't hink any phone ever releases on all carriers at once atleast not that I've heard. And sprint has to get it first.
    I am a day 1 pre owner (3 in our family) and it is going to be replaced 1 day before the 1 year warranty expired. If this leak is true, and I hope it is, we will have 3 new prevos. We LOVE webos but we are ready for an update.
    Doesnt the fact that Palm released the 'fixed' and better Pre on all the other carriers and not Sprint mean something. We can all "think" what the reason is for that but honestly its very strange . Could also be Sprint has no interest in Pres anymore. Sprint has said they are focusing on the EVO and a few of there other phones and just turned down the Nexus one as they want to focus there line around the EVO. Whats the odds they even want a Pre or want to go down that road again. ALot of the analyst determined that palms mistake was using Sprint instead of a bigger carrier. All honesty is if its exclusive to Sprint its finnished before its released. In order to save the PRE , the next phone needs to be released on ALL carriers to mazimize any chance of being a sellot.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I don't believe OP's leak. I've been a lurker of mobile forums for many years. You should see how many of these posts exist on the crackberry forum. I'ts really annoying.

You know what they say... Pics, or it didn't happen.
    This may be true. Hopefully it is. But speculating what will be on the phone is all rumors. Sprint listed all the upcoming 4G phones for this year and Palm was not one of them. With Palm in the middle of a buyout and low on cash, I cant see a drastically different phone this year. Maybe a slab with a slide keyboard, like the Moto Droid. It will probably have similar specs to the Pre Plus though.
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by BBrown80 View Post
    I am a day 1 pre owner (3 in our family) and it is going to be replaced 1 day before the 1 year warranty expired. If this leak is true, and I hope it is, we will have 3 new prevos. We LOVE webos but we are ready for an update.
    I'm lovin the "Prevo" my thoughts on the name would be the HP Palm Pre 4G or just Palm Pre 4G....
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Doesnt the fact that Palm released the 'fixed' and better Pre on all the other carriers and not Sprint mean something. We can all "think" what the reason is for that but honestly its very strange . Could also be Sprint has no interest in Pres anymore. Sprint has said they are focusing on the EVO and a few of there other phones and just turned down the Nexus one as they want to focus there line around the EVO. Whats the odds they even want a Pre or want to go down that road again. ALot of the analyst determined that palms mistake was using Sprint instead of a bigger carrier. All honesty is if its exclusive to Sprint its finnished before its released. In order to save the PRE , the next phone needs to be released on ALL carriers to mazimize any chance of being a sellot.
    I think that both Palm and Sprint should well know that lack luster sales have a lot to do with a poorly designed and executed marketing plan. i.e. scary palm pre lady
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreBot View Post
    I don't believe OP's leak. I've been a lurker of mobile forums for many years. You should see how many of these posts exist on the crackberry forum. I'ts really annoying.

there's maybe the reason it's called "crack"berry
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    It's not like it was some sort of punishment that Sprint didn't get the Plus version! What business sense would it make to release the same phone, with memory upgrades 7 or so months after the original?? It's really not that strange, it's just common sense! 1)You can't upgrade after 7 months. 2)Even if you could, would you waste your upgrade on memory enhancements and the removal of a button?? While I agree with you that releasing on all carriers would likely be best, quoting these analysts who say Palms mistake was releasing on Sprint is an absolute JOKE! Men lie, women lie, NUMBERS DON'T! Sprint sold more phones with less subscribers and the lesser model! "Analyze That!" LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by PreBot View Post

I dunno... did you see how many exclamation points are in the title? It's gotta be true - punctuation doesn't lie!

I'm kind of hoping they do come out with a new name and not the Pre-xxx. Something to not evoke the memories of the issues the Pre had in the beginning. And I agree with others... the later Pre's released on Sprint were much more solidly built - I love mine!
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    maybe sprint didnt announce the hpalm phone because it wont have the palm name by the time it comes out and they dont know what to call it
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

Click To See My Themes

If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com
    Making such a huge device seems to make perfect sense for Palm/HP - look at the market. If, like me, you think 4"+ is too big, you're quickly becoming a minority. People laughed at huge phones ten years ago, now they're laughing at small ones. People are buying the Evo in droves, and have been saying they would for close to half a year.

Seems like a good addition to the product line. Low-end full keyboard candybar, mid-range full keyboard slider and a high-end full screen slate. And I wouldn't be surprised if the Pre itself got a replacement at some point. Maybe some point soon. So maybe it won't be that mid-range anyway...
  17. Bib
    first off: the 'leak' is probably just made up since most of it is common sense, the rest is wishful thinking. But this has developed to a nice anticipation thread.

I, too, think that the new device should come out in fall. Missing the Holidays in 2010 would be nothing less than desaterous. I'm hoping some first official leaks will come out in august, since the acquisition will be completed then. Also the releases of so many powerful Android devices and Froyo and of course the iPhone 4 will put pressure on Palm.

I'd like to see 3.7" display-wise. I tried the droid and I felt that the size is a pretty damn good compromise between portability, readability and comfort.
    The Pre's screen is nice, too. A lot of potential customers will want more emphasis on portability and don't care too much about megaherzes. I hope the Pre Plus will gain some kind of cult status in the future. Let's be honest: If you don't happen to be an enthusiast with a new phone every 6 Months, why would you want more? Ah I got OT
    A 4.3" screen is far too big IMHO. I've seen it on the HD2 and just couldn't imagine holding it to my ear and talking into it. It's more like a MID, not meant to be carried around on a daily basis.
    Most important: It should have at least 800ish resolution and a smudge and scratch resistant glass screen!

Regarding 4G: I don't really understand the fuss around 4G. OK, it's faster. I don't care. Even if 4G was widely available I wouldn't. Most of the time I get along fine with EDGE. IMO Palm should skip that for their next device.
    don't think I want a phone that big.
    Thats not exactly a good thing for the future PRE sales. The new and improved version didnt sell ,sales got worse as the device got better.I guess you can ask why would a new and even better version sell and as pointed out Sprint is turning down carrying alot of new models to focus on the 4G phones being released this year.They turned down the Nexus 1 . No Palm phone was on that list so Sprint might not even have any interest in it. I think the EVO's huge success and Sprint wanting to focus on that also might affect what phones they carry . Ofcourse if HP Suprises us with a 4G phone then ya never know. As I always point out we have absolultey no clue what carrier will carry any any new HP Phone. odds are it will not be on all as most carriers want 1 year exclusivity with a new phone or there not going to spend money on advertising it and carry it. .When they were annoucing updated Pre I and alot of us thought it would be on Sprint. It wasnt and still a year later its not on Sprint. 3 months ago I would have purchased it. Sure alot of people here would have purchased it.

Quote Originally Posted by prince201 View Post
    It's not like it was some sort of punishment that Sprint didn't get the Plus version! What business sense would it make to release the same phone, with memory upgrades 7 or so months after the original?? It's really not that strange, it's just common sense! 1)You can't upgrade after 7 months. 2)Even if you could, would you waste your upgrade on memory enhancements and the removal of a button?? While I agree with you that releasing on all carriers would likely be best, quoting these analysts who say Palms mistake was releasing on Sprint is an absolute JOKE! Men lie, women lie, NUMBERS DON'T! Sprint sold more phones with less subscribers and the lesser model! "Analyze That!" LOL
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KJBlauw View Post
    palm is full of crazy ideas... I could see them making a 4.3" phone with a physical keyboard. Just look at some of the old patents they have. And fall seems VERY possible, though I would like to see something earlier to keep developer support.
    I agree. There is another semi-credible "leak" post somewhere regarding a fantastic new design that includes a keyboard. Imagine a landscape keyboard that has a curve to it (look at your Pre sideways) on a 4.3-inch screen combined with an on screen keyboard for portrait mode. Sounds like magic to me

Also, Fall seems to be about right for the inclusion of the ARM Dual-Core Cortex A9 chipset. TI's OMAP4, maybe?! Bring it on!
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco