Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Sounds good since I've only had my pre for about 3 months I have no problem waiting for the fall to see if you are indeed correct.
    well if its that big it better have a nice keyboard !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Jeez you people are so gulliable. Not saying there is no new PRE coming but I can post a source I know told me that he heard from his friend that xxx is coming out., Sprint employess dont know HP's plans . HP has no contract with Sprint to release a phone ( they can use any carrier at the moment) .A palm employee might know HP's plans but not a sprint employee. I dont even care if it was a Sprint employee themselves who came here and said a new phone is coming. Only will believe it when HP says it and then they need to let us know who the carrier is. And these specs dont sound like anything Palm would come out with. They sound like the hated Evo.And from what I have been reading the last 2 weeks most of ya;ll said the EVO was a brick and you would never have a phone that big. Just sayin.
    Prefer the bigger screens so Me I would be thrilled with a EVO sized WEB OS Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Honestly, I'd be satisfied with an Evo with a gesture area and running WebOS.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    What do you mean by this? Are you having a pop at my coment?
    I thought you were using your own sarcasm but obviously I read wrong?
    who knows dude..... i don't..... i don't do the forum thing..... banter back and forth with people i don't know isn't exactly a pastime of mine
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Jeez you people are so gulliable. Not saying there is no new PRE coming but I can post a source I know told me that he heard from his friend that xxx is coming out., Sprint employess dont know HP's plans . HP has no contract with Sprint to release a phone ( they can use any carrier at the moment) .A palm employee might know HP's plans but not a sprint employee. I dont even care if it was a Sprint employee themselves who came here and said a new phone is coming. Only will believe it when HP says it and then they need to let us know who the carrier is. And these specs dont sound like anything Palm would come out with. They sound like the hated Evo.And from what I have been reading the last 2 weeks most of ya;ll said the EVO was a brick and you would never have a phone that big. Just sayin.
    truth. didn't think about it like that but i'd like u to be wrong
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett92c View Post
    because un_designer is in reality your boss
    hahahahahaha!
  8.    #48  
    also damn 1800 posts? u work for precentral?
    I would like to be wrong also.

Quote Originally Posted by feltmoney View Post
    truth. didn't think about it like that but i'd like u to be wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilette View Post
    ...after tons of searching the intrawebs, i cant seem to find the article of palm stating they'll stay true to their keyboards, but maybe this forum's moderator could...???
    There was an article a while back in which it was discussed that Palm's strong position of wanting to stay away from virtual keyboards as one of the strong draws that helped bring Ruby into the team. Palm has always specialized in phones with keyboard interfaces, and Ruby really pushed for the original iPhone to incorporate one too (but that's another story). But that was back in a time when screen size and quality were limited.

This isn't the original article, but an interesting quick read:
    http://www.tipb.com/2008/01/04/forme...on-the-iphone/

Personally, I wouldn't be shocked at all for them to release a non-keyboard device in the future. There is a limit on how large of a device you can have and still incorporate a physical keyboard that doesn't make the device too large. I think a larger device will be released as the next webOS unit - and I'd be shocked if it didn't have a virtual keyboard.

With webOS heading for larger devices and integrated into other electronics, you will definitely see the virtual keyboard as standard for those. I just really really hope they do it right straight out of the gate.

I'm looking forward to a larger device is some ways (larger screen), but love the compactness of the Pre and the slide-out keyboard.
    I could only be so lucky. Been with Palm since the Palm Pilot all the way to the PRE and now the 4.3 PREVO.

i assume that palm already had a phone dev'ed and was already preparing to release it after finishing it up. hp will let palm continue doing what they do and wont interfear unless they see something thats not in their best interest . and palm will have more funds backing them.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    it's optimist vs pessimist, I would prefer to get excited and think that it's true as opposed to assume it's false.
    Last edited by KJBlauw; 06/05/2010 at 07:34 PM.
    I could only be so lucky. Been with Palm since the Palm Pilot all the way to the PRE and now the 4.3 PREVO.
    +1 on prevo... It's catchy and takes some thunder from the evo
    What's wrong with people who have a lot of posts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    What's wrong with people who have a lot of posts?
    is there something wrong with people with alot of posts , that i dont know of ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    There was an article a while back in which it was discussed that Palm's strong position of wanting to stay away from virtual keyboards as one of the strong draws that helped bring Ruby into the team. Palm has always specialized in phones with keyboard interfaces, and Ruby really pushed for the original iPhone to incorporate one too (but that's another story). But that was back in a time when screen size and quality were limited.

This isn't the original article, but an interesting quick read:
    [url]

Personally, I wouldn't be shocked at all for them to release a non-keyboard device in the future. There is a limit on how large of a device you can have and still incorporate a physical keyboard that doesn't make the device too large. I think a larger device will be released as the next webOS unit - and I'd be shocked if it didn't have a virtual keyboard.

With webOS heading for larger devices and integrated into other electronics, you will definitely see the virtual keyboard as standard for those. I just really really hope they do it right straight out of the gate.

I'm looking forward to a larger device is some ways (larger screen), but love the compactness of the Pre and the slide-out keyboard.
    thanks! I couldn't find this anywhere
  18.    #58  
    loyal palm consumer/enthusiast..... awesome... me too 7 years/5 devices
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    is there something wrong with people with alot of posts , that i dont know of ??
    Your post count makes mine look puny.
    ha ha its not all that bad ! if you get sad just look at a newb's post count and you'll feel better quickly lol !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast