Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 182
  1. #21  
    For whatever it's worth, someone I trust very much at my favorite Sprint Corp Store said we were getting a new 4G Palm Pre this fall...he didn't give me any specifics beyond that, though. I think 4.3 would be too big for me; I like pocketability. I do like the idea of a newer Pre, though.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity



    Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilette View Post
    im pretty excited as well, specially since my contract is over in december, buuut

    ..err but the question arises, when a 4.3"-screen phone, such as the newly released evo 4G, is in the making, its almost mandatory that it come with an onscreen keyboard..and NO physical keyboard.
    although having this new HUGE palm device would FINALLY make way for an onscreen keyboard for whiny pre users, it makes me ask, will it come with a physical one?

    palm said its ALWAYS going to make phones with portrait PHYSICAL keyboards, or at least phones that you can text with one hand. so, why the big change?
    this 4.3" rumor makes me a bit suspicious.
    and you know how i loves me some physical keyboard in the morning :3
    see ur cool and a nice guy. thanking urkel wasn't cool. but i like what ur saying. I'm all about a physical keyborad adn this would rule that out with a 4.3" screen. i would be sad to see it (physical keyboard) go but web os on a big hopefully maybe wvga screen or better is to good to pass up. not a rumor, a leak... there's a difference. by the way if anyone remembers my posts from a year ago they'd realize i work for a company close to sprint.
  3. #23  
    Eh... are you sure you source didn't confuse the Evo with the new Pre? Having the exact same screen dimensions makes it sound kinda improbable. In fact I hope that this rumor is NOT true! One of things I dislike about the Evo is that fact that its soo big and not as pocketable as the PRe...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by feltmoney View Post
    see ur cool and a nice guy. thanking urkel wasn't cool. but i like what ur saying. I'm all about a physical keyborad adn this would rule that out with a 4.3" screen. i would be sad to see it (physical keyboard) go but web os on a big hopefully maybe wvga screen or better is to good to pass up. not a rumor, a leak... there's a difference. by the way if anyone remembers my posts from a year ago they'd realize i work for a company close to sprint.
    -removes thanks from Urkel-
    just because you said im cool
    see mom? thanking people does work in the real world

    anywho. yes, i do LOVE physical keyboards. and i hear you out. everything IS a rumor until proven otherwise. recall the 1.4 update that was supposed to come "mid-february"? yeah..
    i would be kind of sad to see the physical keyboard go because i love them, especially the one on my pixi. its just the best. but if the virtual one is as good as the one on the evo, then I'm in.
    HUZZAH!
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Or he could be being very nice whilst implying his own sarcasm, sarcasm you fell for. It's called defusing the bomb.
    or it could be because i don't spend all my time on forums, and reading them...and replying to them....for obvious reasons you just proved. the only forum i support is this one... thx precentral.
  6. #26  
    lol its always fun to read things like this... its so entertaining lol... but hope to hear some official news down the road for a actual Pre2 or what ever it is... cuz we are all dieing to know lol
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilette View Post
    -removes thanks from Urkel-
    just because you said im cool
    see mom? thanking people does work in the real world

    anywho. yes, i do LOVE physical keyboards. and i hear you out. everything IS a rumor until proven otherwise. recall the 1.4 update that was supposed to come "mid-february"? yeah..
    i would be kind of sad to see the physical keyboard go because i love them, especially the one on my pixi. its just the best. but if the virtual one is as good as the one on the evo, then I'm in.
    HUZZAH!
    for sure i don't have the evo but have spent countless hours playing with it and the virtual keyboard is nice tho right? much better than the iphone. if the new pre is like that one i'm all over it too the only thing that i could definately see making my original post as rumor is the always dreaded but to now be expected "pushed back release date" due to HP or Palm or the market or sprint or whatever not being ready. all i know is we won't have to wait like.... a year or more...that would suck
  8. #28  
    Ok guys.. .bomb diffused Lets get back on topic please and talk about the possibility that what the OP said is real (or not) but it does get me excited for a new phone! I'm just wondering if they will hold true to Palm's firm believe in keeping a physical keyboard (which i love)
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by zeke0410 View Post
    4.3, that's way to big for me
    Thats what she said
    Last edited by Soorma; 06/06/2010 at 10:55 PM.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by feltmoney View Post
    see ur cool and a nice guy. thanking urkel wasn't cool. but i like what ur saying. I'm all about a physical keyborad adn this would rule that out with a 4.3" screen. i would be sad to see it (physical keyboard) go but web os on a big hopefully maybe wvga screen or better is to good to pass up. not a rumor, a leak... there's a difference. by the way if anyone remembers my posts from a year ago they'd realize i work for a company close to sprint.
    can you be a little more specific about said post a year ago? i just looked at your profile, and you've only have 12 or so posts, with 4 or so from last year and none of those posts have any information about you working for a company close to sprint.

    do you have another handle that you post under?
  11. #31  
    palm is full of crazy ideas... I could see them making a 4.3" phone with a physical keyboard. Just look at some of the old patents they have. And fall seems VERY possible, though I would like to see something earlier to keep developer support.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I'm just wondering if they will hold true to Palm's firm believe in keeping a physical keyboard (which i love)
    Here is the thing about physical keyboards: It makes the device thicker. Yesterday, I was at my local Sprint Store (it was a coincident, I did not go there just to check out the EVO). Well, a bigger coincident was that the EVO was right next to the Palm Pre. So I did a little size comparison. The Pre seemed really thick (keyboard closed) next to the EVo (and may I say, a midget too).

    So, I hope the new device is slicker and thinner. On a side note, the Pre still seemed way more shinier and slicker compared to the EVO or other devices I saw there.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Ok guys.. .bomb diffused Lets get back on topic please and talk about the possibility that what the OP said is real (or not) but it does get me excited for a new phone! I'm just wondering if they will hold true to Palm's firm believe in keeping a physical keyboard (which i love)
    i don't think palm gets that much of a say on their stance on a physical keyboard now that HP is is the picture. I just hope that any virtual keyboard is as easy to use as our physical one currently.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    can you be a little more specific about said post a year ago? i just looked at your profile, and you've only have 12 or so posts, with 4 or so from last year and none of those posts have any information about you working for a company close to sprint.

    do you have another handle that you post under?
    yes i briefly posted under a different handle around pre pre launch and i'd like to be more specific but i'm not even supposed to know about this and could get in pretty big corporate trouble if i were to give any more professional info.(and if i was discovered on here, which is however unlikely)

    why so interested?
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by feltmoney View Post
    yes i briefly posted under a different handle around pre pre launch and i'd like to be more specific but i'm not even supposed to know about this and could get in pretty big corporate trouble if i were to give any more professional info.(and if i was discovered on here, which is however unlikely)

    why so interested?
    Because un_designer is in reality your boss
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by feltmoney View Post
    yes i briefly posted under a different handle around pre pre launch and i'd like to be more specific but i'm not even supposed to know about this and could get in pretty big corporate trouble if i were to give any more professional info.(and if i was discovered on here, which is however unlikely)

    why so interested?
    I think he just wants to verify about your posts last year. Chill.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    can you be a little more specific about said post a year ago? i just looked at your profile, and you've only have 12 or so posts, with 4 or so from last year and none of those posts have any information about you working for a company close to sprint.

    do you have another handle that you post under?
    err i doubt you'd find it on my profile. i've only recently made it so i could post when necessary. after tons of searching the intrawebs, i cant seem to find the article of palm stating they'll stay true to their keyboards, but maybe this forum's moderator could...???
    -cricket cricket-
    ..right.

    back on topic, which is soo hard to keep these days, i believe palm will..er...i dont know what they'll do regarding the keyboard. lets hope the hp-palm finalization will bump up webOS production and will have webOS 2.0 to come out with the new pre, if thats what they'd still call it..
    if i were palm, id make a bigger screened, evo-like palm pre 2 with a virtual keyboard, sans physical qwerty, and alongside that, a palm pixi 2 with a slightly bigger screen, etc, etc, but WITH a qwerty keyboard. sounds good, right...? right?? -cricket cricket cricket-
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by feltmoney View Post
    or it could be because i don't spend all my time on forums, and reading them...and replying to them....for obvious reasons you just proved. the only forum i support is this one... thx precentral.
    What do you mean by this? Are you having a pop at my coment?
    I thought you were using your own sarcasm but obviously I read wrong?
  19. #39  
    I'm having trouble believing that palm would make a phone with a screen larger than 4", that size is way too large for a slider and would make the evo look like the current pre.
  20. #40  
    Honestly, I'd be satisfied with an Evo with a gesture area and running WebOS.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions