Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    He just says that HP does not need smart phones, they have bought a slick operatiing system that would allow them to use it on all of their products and dump Windows & Linux and no longer pay Windows license fees.
    So nothing new . I figured it came out today and I always read stuff there as there pretty good. Oh well disregard the video .
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I havent watched the video ( cant at work ) so if someone wants to give a summary . The Street did a quick analysis of this . Curious what there opinion is .
    Will We See Another Palm Phone?
    I just watched the video. I thought the reporter was fair and unbiased. He gave no answers, just asked questions. But considering the holding pattern Palm/HP is in until the end of the month, there is really no definitive answer to be given. I have to say though that the video of the Palm pre showed the phone in a fabulous way and it sold me to go buy one... oh wait a minute, I have one already.
    Quote Originally Posted by PREferred View Post
    I just watched the video. I thought the reporter was fair and unbiased. He gave no answers, just asked questions. But considering the holding pattern Palm/HP is in until the end of the month, there is really no definitive answer to be given. I have to say though that the video of the Palm pre showed the phone in a fabulous way and it sold me to go buy one... oh wait a minute, I have one already.
    I thought the reporter was a complete ***** and has no idea what they are talking about, basing everything off of speculation.

In the journalism field we call speculation: ****ty reporting.

Yeah, im sure HP is going to replace Windows on their PC's with WebOS.... and discontinue smartphones

HP CEO: Hey, the hot new item in the consumer electronics field is Smartphones. We have this awesome new smartphone OS...

HP VP: Lets take it, abandon Windows on our Laptops for no reason whatsoever, put this smartphone OS on our laptops, and never come out with smartphone hardware ever again. Its win win!

Actually, knowing HP this is probably not too far off...
    HP have confirmed since the Hurd statement that smartphones are part of their plans.
    Its true the main reason for the purchase was webos but they also will continure to make mobile phones. just its not a priority as it was when it was just palm and a phone company. But you will eventualyl see all different devices using webos and that eventually includes phones.
    Yeah, you're gonna have to check into Precentral more often

HP Will make smartphones too.
    Last edited by Vociferous; 06/15/2010 at 11:40 AM.
    I did not buy my car FOR the A/C.

however, I WILL continue to use that 'segment of my auto universe' and value it highly.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    tbh, our best hope for a next gen webos smartphone is 1. Palm already has one in final stage, I.e. It's too far along for HP to mess up, or 2. HP licenses Webos to HTC or Motorola and the likes. Cause it be brutally honest as far as consumer products go, my fear for a HP Webos smartphone device is for HP to implement it in their usual fashion; a waste land of mediocrity and or novelty. :: points it iPaq and TouchSmart.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12