1.    #1  
    so im off today from work. i was thinking as i was looking at the evo,(which i will not get! PALM PRE FOR LIFE!!!!!) back to what i was saying, i was thinking. If palm 2 comes out with a bigger screen wouldnt that prevent some games/app not to work or not be viewed popularly? because of the bigger screen? Just asking
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Speed View Post
    so im off today from work. i was thinking as i was looking at the evo,(which i will not get! PALM PRE FOR LIFE!!!!!) back to what i was saying, i was thinking. If palm 2 comes out with a bigger screen wouldnt that prevent some games/app not to work or not be viewed popularly? because of the bigger screen? Just asking
    No. The pixi has a smaller screen and the apps work just fine.
    This signature for rent
    Some game dev's may have to modify their code to make it work with and take advantage of the larger screen, but for many apps that use the SDK it won't matter.
    Last edited by dagumcp; 06/10/2010 at 03:45 PM.
    <<Thread renamed>>
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    The beauty of WebOS is that it can dynamically resize applications to fit the screen. That's how your cards shrink when you get a notification or a call comes in.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    The beauty of WebOS is that it can dynamically resize applications to fit the screen. That's how your cards shrink when you get a notification or a call comes in.

thats makes sense
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dagumcp View Post
    Some game dev's may have to modify their code to make it work with and take advantage of the larger screen, but many apps that use the SDK it won't matter.

but what about the games that are already here, like ko kid, letst golf, and so on?
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    Thats True, I Didnt Think Of That
    Dev's may have to tweak and update, which is why some games are still Pre only and others took time before showing up on the Pixi.
    SDK apps -> nothing to worry, most of them would work fine just like they work fine on smaller screens (Pixi)

PDK apps -> Palm could offer something like Apple offers on the iPad that resizes the app without doing anything (But it would look blur, so they have the option to optimize their app to the new resolution).
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    right now, if you minimize a sdk app, everything in it like the font also shrinks.

do the same to a 3D game and it gets cropped instead.

something opposite likely happens when the screen gets bigger w/o an app update.