1.    #1  
    Wow... there is actually analogies being made to compare BP tarnished brand following the oil spill disaster to that of Palm?

Is BP the Next Palm? (BP)

It's pretty bad when a corporate brand like Palm is being compared to currently viewed villainous conglomerate like BP. Yikes....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    That's actually kind of funny. How desperate is that blogger to make the comparison? Why not just compare Palm to Al Qaeda, or Pol Pot or the ultimate in bad branding, N.a.z.i Germany? Anything is fair game to generate some readership, I guess

"Palm's decision to sell out was like flying a plane into the World Trade Center.". Sheesh.
    Oyehoye..that sucks!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I laughed. Palm is a computer company. BP is an oil company. That alone makes the comparison dumb.
    not really. I heard that someone had a keyboard with oreo so bad that a trillion gallons of crude oil leaked leaked out in to the ocean and destroyed a couple thousand miles of beaches and wild life.

I totally see the comparison. Especially after obama flew to palm hq to scold them while congress launched an investigation. Yep, it's so close - it's spooky!
    What the Hell?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    not really. I heard that someone had a keyboard with oreo so bad that a trillion gallons of crude oil leaked leaked out in to the ocean and destroyed a couple thousand miles of beaches and wild life.

I totally see the comparison. Especially after obama flew to palm hq to scold them while congress launched an investigation. Yep, it's so close - it's spooky!
    Lol... this actually makes sense. All the dead Pres with hardware issues that ended up in a landfill or somewhere must be a serious threat to the planet.
    If anything, BP is more like Toyota. Both brushed safety issues off, buried their heads in the sand, and now it's coming back to bite both of them in the .
    BP supposedly said they didn't even consider leaks a possibility.

Palm is like Motorola, Sony Ericsson and a bit like Nokia. Too much of "different" phones with the same insides and failure to read the market in time bit them all in the and they all have to scramble back to relevance. Motorola still lost money despite having a strong phone finally(sound familiar?). SE keeps having build quality issues and people just don't take to their phones(sound familiar?). Nokia does remain strong though, but is constantly slipping due to dumb missteps, same as Palm.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I don't think the issue BP missed was worrying about leaks. The exploding and sinking platform thing seemed to sneak up on them...

hard to compare bp to anything. This is in league of its own. Makes the valdez spill seem like a juice spill by comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    If anything, BP is more like Toyota. Both brushed safety issues off, buried their heads in the sand, and now it's coming back to bite both of them in the .
    BP supposedly said they didn't even consider leaks a possibility.

Palm is like Motorola, Sony Ericsson and a bit like Nokia. Too much of "different" phones with the same insides and failure to read the market in time bit them all in the and they all have to scramble back to relevance. Motorola still lost money despite having a strong phone finally(sound familiar?). SE keeps having build quality issues and people just don't take to their phones(sound familiar?). Nokia does remain strong though, but is constantly slipping due to dumb missteps, same as Palm.
    Sony Ericsson makes some of the best feature phones. They can do way more than some smartphones. When I had my Sony phones people loved them. But sadly those broke numerous of times, because of crappy hardware.
    I love SE too. You can hack to your heart's content. And they even have copy and paste, SMS templates, etc. But for some reason, they just do not do well. Look how much money SE lost.

I think it's because of high price, and waiting to put features on phones that should have been there all along. Plus there's always delays and build quality issues. They only recently realized wifi and North American 3G is a good thing. Also, many of their phones do almost the same thing so it's like choose your body and price because you're going to get the same functions, no matter what.

However they are now one of the few who puts wifi on dumbphones(Samsung has one or two also), so I applaud them for that. I hope they do better in the future.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    And they had flash on them. Where you could have wallpapers and menus that used flash. And I completely debranded my w580i from the stupid at&t firmware to stock. And I had an desktop bar on it using elves. Those phones came feature packed. And they have pretty slick multitasking on them. I wish SE were doing better. And if they to actually support there hardware better and get on more carriers in the US, then maybe they will do better.