1.    #1  
    I was just thinking, as we get these more advanced phones they are having more and more signals constantly on. Since we carry these phones on us, the long term exposure is unknown.

I know I sometimes get a pulse feeling in my thigh where my phone is. Also known as the phantom ringer I believe I read an article about once.

I wonder what 10+ years will show about safety of having the cell signal, wifi, bluetooth, etc so close to the body nearly all day. Even at home most of us have wifi on, and I know its an issue in some countries for safety.

I'm not worried really, but wonder if it will ever bring in a health concern. I picture one day phones will come with a warning label like cigarettes. haha. But people will just still use them. They could say tomorrow that phones have a 99% chance of causing cancer but were so "connected", we could do without it I dont think.
    Good Points. Now You Got Me Wondering.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Well, due to battery concerns I no longer leave wifi/bluetooth/gps/toasters running when not in use. The point is still valid, since the cell connection is constantly active. I trust if/when these devices are ever confirmed as being harmful a healthy solution that avoids those problems will arise quickly.

But at the same time, almost everything causes cancer nowadays and no one really seems to care or alter their lifestyle accordingly.

Growing old is overrated. Only the good die young.
    this has been an issue since cellular phones went digital many years ago. Even the dumbest of phones regularly communicate to the towers because that's where all the processing is done. Equally of concern are GPS signals, which are basically broadcast across the entire globe, so you are being hit with their signals whether you own a GPS receiver or not...

I try not to think about it... It's too late for me to die young and leave a good looking corpse.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    You could also get hit by a car one day or heavens forbid, a piece of space junk could fall on your head while masturbating. Why worry about these things when you could use your energies in a more positive light.
    Quote Originally Posted by twiktor View Post
    You could also get hit by a car one day or heavens forbid, a piece of space junk could fall on your head while masturbating. Why worry about these things when you could use your energies in a more positive light.
    You've thought about this too? I thought I was the only one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    this has been an issue since cellular phones went digital many years ago. Even the dumbest of phones regularly communicate to the towers because that's where all the processing is done. Equally of concern are GPS signals, which are basically broadcast across the entire globe, so you are being hit with their signals whether you own a GPS receiver or not...
    And the GPS signals are relatively weak. All day long you are bathed in broadcast TV, broadcast radio, DirecTV, Dish, Sirius, telecom, cellular, 802.11, aviation comms, aircraft/land-based radar, and a host of other forms of radiated energy. I find the only thing that protects me from all this is a tin foil hat. It sounds like the OP might want to borrow mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by twiktor View Post
    Wait. Space junk masturbates? Eww.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Wait. Space junk masturbates? Eww.
    +1 to this.

I wonder what kind of **** space junk finds appealing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    And the GPS signals are relatively weak. All day long you are bathed in broadcast TV, broadcast radio, DirecTV, Dish, Sirius, telecom, cellular, 802.11, aviation comms, aircraft/land-based radar, and a host of other forms of radiated energy. I find the only thing that protects me from all this is a tin foil hat. It sounds like the OP might want to borrow mine.
    http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Lawsuit! That guy totally ripped off my un-patented design!
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    You've thought about this too? I thought I was the only one.

It haunts me . . .
    I am losing my mind at an alarming rate . . . Actually, I'm not really alarmed at all.