1.    #1  
    HI all, Although I no longer live in NYC, (I did for 38 years), I see Times Square is getting a whole lot of Palm Luving......(If you go to the link below, you will see a pic of the Palm Wrapped Cars).

Palm wrapped smart cars showing off Pre smart phones!

Take care, Jay

Palm Conducting a Times Square Marketing Push
    Posted By: Ryan Kairer Thursday, May 27, 2010 7:38:36 PM

Palm Conducting a Times Square Marketing Push

PIC reader Tolga M. wrote in with this eyewitness report of a Palm marketing effort currently underway this weekend in Times Square, New York City.

Hi there guys, was taking some out-of-town friends around NYC today for some sight-seeing and ran into a large group of people wearing snazzy Palm 'uniforms' in the middle of Times Square. They were giving out Palm branded lip-balm, bags, and other goodies, and demo-ing the Pre Plus to passers by, and had acquired a good-sized crowd. Interestingly they also had 4-5 'Smart' Cars all decked out in Palm wrap-arounds. We were on our way somewhere and I forgot I had my camera so I don't have any shots, but I briefly talked with one of the Palm reps and they seemed very knowledgeable and friendly and said they'd be there for a few days (probably taking advantage of the Memorial Day tourist crowd).

They are giving away 8 PrPrPr'$s$ $per$ $day$ $via$ $an$ $electronic$ $raffle$ $that$ $they$ $can$ $enter$ $you$ $for$ ($you$ $give$ $them$ $your$ $email$). $So$ $if$ $you$'$re$ $in$ $NYC$ $this$ $weekend$ $check$ $it$ $out$. $I$ $think$ $they$ $have$ $a$ $billboard$ $in$ $Times$ $Square$ $too$. $All$ $in$ $all$ $it$ $seemed$ $like$ $they$ $had$ $someone$ $with$ $half$ $a$ $brain$ $planning$ $the$ $event$. $Okay$, $have$ $a$ $great$ $weekend$!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    When I was in SF a few weeks ago. All the double decker busses were wrapped in Palm pre ads, looked cool. When I was staying at a hotel, over looking LA, above the Magic Castle and near the Hollywood Bowl, there was a huge tall building wrapped in Palm Pre.
    They should come to vancouver and give away touchstones to the 8 people who own pres...
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    um...the link takes me to a page that has a Hummer with a Palm logo on it, not smart cars...also, this is a VERY old pic since in the background there is a Handspring Visor poster on the building -Palm & Handspring merged MANY years ago!!!
  5.    #5  
    HI, you are correct about it being a hummer. However, the article is posted with the following date/time stamp:

Posted By: Ryan Kairer Thursday, May 27, 2010 7:38:36 PM

Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group