Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    psyche lol
    The importance of video chat
    Five reasons why videochat will revolutionize handheld devices (for the time being, given that new technology will eventually surpass given growth/maturity time.)

1. Give up opportunity to see loved ones. The importance of seeing loved ones face to face is (beware inlaws) overwhelmingly better than juavg phonecall. Power this up with portabliity, whammo it's a no brainer.

2. safety features. Some or most or all muggers will be deterred by an individual who is not alone. The power of the person with you are chatting is able to see a face, all the more eyes to identify. Last thing criminal wants.

3. teleportation. I know I gotta slow down proposed teleportation in future devices video chat is the major way I know of. Know this is si-fi stuff but i believe it is closer than ever to fruition.

4. chatroulette. I know I might get slack for this one only in alot of ways chatroulette is genius. To have a live stream of your face during an online session is undevalued, iow, hasn't been fully taken advantage of.
    I know it's an invasion of privacy, but 4ex session monitoring could occur more frequently, now if that means you wanna spy on your kids or spy on Russia, idk what you'll use if for but just that it;s there that's all i'm saying.

5.rear view mirror. If only we humans had this capability. To see both in front of ourselves and behind ourselves. To get Freudian we can look behind ourselves to glimpse at our pasts only that will bring us to the point at which we are today regardless. rather i propose that we focus solely on the future and completely wipe free our recollections of the past ,,, free up hard drive space id you will. lol
    One reason it sucks is you better look great or get laughed at, possibly. Even if it's just ribbing by good friends, do you really want to hear you may not look right that day?

But the possibility of long distance video conferences with family members IS a plus. But a negative may be you can't escape from work either if your boss uses this feature. They can see your surroundings, perhaps.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Since you double-posted this thread, are you claiming there are 10 good reasons for video chat? Or is this double-post simply the reason you were assigned your avatar's name?
    I have a cam built into my laptop... that I have never used, not once.

I can't imagine that I'd suddenly start using video chat if my cell phone was capable of it.

I'm sure it's great for some people, but it's not anything that I'm looking for in a phone.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    I got kids I don't get to see until the summer this will be a great feature. I don't care how I look to others I'm a man. And if your boss has the same feature on his phone I'm sure you don't have to use video chat all the time or you can turn it off.