1.    #1  
    Hi all, I just found this, let's hope the Pre II has this as well.

Will Pre II have video chat, Apple's next Iphone will???

Take care, Jay

Confirmed: Apple's next iPhone will have video chat, feature to be shown in ads directed by Sam Mendes
    By Joshua Topolsky posted May 24th 2010 10:08PM Breaking NewsExclusive

Confirmed: Apple's next iPhone will have video chat, feature to be shown in ads directed by Sam Mendes -- Engadget

Well this can't be tremendously surprising. Apparently American Beauty director Sam Mendes is in the process of putting together a series of commercials for Apple's next iPhone, which according to a tipster is being referred to internally as the Mammoth / N90. Besides that tip (with a handful of juicy details), a trusted source has confirmed to us that the ads will feature at least one spot where a mother and daughter are having a video chat conversation using the new front-facing camera that's been spied on the face of that iPhone floating around Vietnam and Northern California. Adding weight to this story, a cursory search on Twitter revealed that there's at least one actress who is up for a role in the "f***ing apple commercial" in New York, and another fellow who is auditioning for spots in California. We don't know much more than that, but we're fairly confident that this confirms video chat is coming to the next iPhone, and that that said iPhone isn't very far from our grasp. Remember folks, June 7th is just a kiss away.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I believe it needs to have it. It needs to evolve. The Evo will have it. It needs to move into the future, we don't just use our phones for talking and texting anymore. Vid chat is gna be the next thing most people will want to have on their phones. It will attract buyers and eventhough HP is buying Palm, its still needs buyers.
    I'm holding out on the Evo believing that the next webOS device will be everything we hope for. Well atleast most of what we hope it will be.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    If Ruby's watching the competition we might see one on the Pre's successor.
    Idk I don't personally have any use for that type of thing. Even though all kinds of devices are starting to get it I don't use a webcam and I don't know anyone who will be getting a phone (or know how to use one) that I really want to see while I talk to them. I think it's one of those frills that everyone says is a deal-breaker then never uses it.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I agree, such as the apps with android phones. I know people who dislike their Hero and such phones so I asked them how come they got it, they usually reply because they sold me bcuz of all the apps they had. Then I ask them how many apps they've DL'd and they say none...
    I don't talk much on the phone and probably wouldn't use it much. But it is one of those things that makes it stand out and would get more customers. Whatever opens up people's eyes to webOS I say slap it on there.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Who cares? Who the hell would want it?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Idk I don't personally have any use for that type of thing. Even though all kinds of devices are starting to get it I don't use a webcam and I don't know anyone who will be getting a phone (or know how to use one) that I really want to see while I talk to them. I think it's one of those frills that everyone says is a deal-breaker then never uses it.
    hi,

I only used Skype when my Nephew left NYC for Paris for 7 months, last year, (tough work, but someone had to do it). Other than that I would truly nor need it either. However, I assume all of the future smart phones will have it.

take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    My thought is: "Who the heck wants that? I don't need anyone to see my ugly face."

But, OMG, if Apple is putting it on the iPhone, God save the Queen!!! Everyone has to have video chat on their cell phones... it's imperative!!!

I still suspect they are utilizing some kind of mind control in their advertising.

And, W-TF, streaming video is still choppy at times... yeah, I'm sure video chat will just work perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    If Ruby's watching the competition we might see one on the Pre's successor.
    Jon doesn't use an iPhone. Haha JK.

But if Palm wants to get ahead of the competition, they have to have what the competition already has.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    to anyone who says they dont need this feature, try this out for size.
    Video chat will enable skype to become almost the premiere provider of telephones services.
    Nearly every call could potentially become a video call..
    had this discussion with my friend last night, he said he was going out to the club, i said, skype me from the club.
    I know now we can sent video messages to people but to have live video streaming from a handheld device is game changing.
    I proposed teleportation through handheld devices but that is way off for now. lol
    The power to have video calling on your phone. for 1, it's safer. chances of someone trying to rob you will go down if they know somebody else will see their face.
    all sorts of common functionalities will follow also.
    I mean, I suppose it would be funny to call friends and have the camera pointing at my bare arsė when they answer.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    I think it's like video recording (on a phone). Everybody wants it, but the times you use it are negligible.

A lot of calls will be declined in a world of video-calling.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    I think it's like video recording (on a phone). Everybody wants it, but the times you use it are negligible.

A lot of calls will be declined in a world of video-calling.
    Agreed. Most calls will be one-way videos: The caller has video on and the receiver keeps video off. While I video Skype when I'm traveling, the calls are planned/scheduled not unlike a video conference. I see ad hoc video calls being handled the same way as ringing doorbells: You ring, I check to see who you are, and so long as I know you really well or I look presentable (in a presentable location), I'll open up the door. Otherwise, I'll peek through the peephole and ask you what you want!
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    People seriously care about this?

That's a serious question.
    I wouldn't mind using it for ustream.