Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    High praise from the NVIDIA CEO Jen-Hsun Huang about WebOS. I really hope that HP and Palm are taking note of his enthusiasm despite NVIDIA putting a lot of their eggs in the Android basket...

    Nvidia CEO: Netbooks and Tablets to Meld, Hints at Tegra-Powered webOS Devices
  2. #2  
    Looks like he is positioning to be a primary vendor in HP's plans for tablets and next generation phones...

    The best part is the way he slams the snapdragon. All those jumping to EVO and whining about Palm hardware will just die when Palm or Android phones start shipping with a CPU that "runs circles around snapdragon" in performance and battery life... I can't wait! I just wish I could see the look on faces when those phones are announced and their EVO and Incredible phones stop looking so fly.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Looks like he is positioning to be a primary vendor in HP's plans for tablets and next generation phones...

    The best part is the way he slams the snapdragon. All those jumping to EVO and whining about Palm hardware will just die when Palm or Android phones start shipping with a CPU that "runs circles around snapdragon" in performance and battery life... I can't wait! I just wish I could see the look on faces when those phones are announced and their EVO and Incredible phones stop looking so fly.
    The Evo stopped looking fly when it came out with a PSP size screen.
  4. #4  
    Pre 2 + webOS 2.0 + tegra = omgwtf

    Snapdragon is nice but for the video processing that palm is pushing for it would truly need something like the tegra to stand out. I would love for the next palm phone to run a tegra 2 single core and the tablet to be running a dual core chip.
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

    help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

    LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
  5. #5  
    wow, wet dream now.
  6. #6  
    So this means that the next webOS phone, probably already under development if not complete, will not have a Tegra 2. Can Palm switch easily to a Tegra 2 if they already are designing for next phone without?
  7. #7  
    The tegra has been touted by Nvidia for over 2 years now. Is there anything actually in the marketplace besides the Microsoft Kin devices that run the tegra platform?
  8. #8  
    ZuneHD if I'm not mistaken...

    I would love if the next Palm phone had a Terga 2 but they need to make a name for the processor that sounds faster than the SnapDragon and more hardcore.
  9. #9  
    ZuneHD is using the Tegra 1 and Kin is using the Tegra 2. Outside of the super geek and gadget nerd community I don't think that many consumers are even going to know the name of the proc in their phone. And as far as if palm can switch over to the tegra platform from their original design. For all we know they have been designing their second gen webos hardware around this platfrom from the beginning.
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

    help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

    LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
  10. stockh's Avatar
    Posts
    401 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    #10  
    Glad to hear I wasn't the only one who noticed that webOS is SLOOOOOOW.........

    whether it's hardware or software, somebody.....anybody......please make this happen!
  11. #11  
    On a side note it's kinda sad that nvidia's self proclamed super platform is only used on microsoft's all but disregarded PMP and their half hearted try at a tween smart dumb phone. From a specs stand point it really is a powerful platform but seems to be used in really poor choices for platforms.
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

    help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

    LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    Glad to hear I wasn't the only one who noticed that webOS is SLOOOOOOW.........

    whether it's hardware or software, somebody.....anybody......please make this happen!
    It's a software issue. The pre and iphone 3GS are almost identical from a hardware stand point. As a matter of fact the pre plus has better all around specs than the 3GS thanks to the extra ram yet still lags in speed. From what I can make of the situation it's because the way webOS is set up it doesn't use the graphics part of the arm chip to assist with rendering on screen outside of PDK apps making the system rely entirely on the CPU for processing and rendering leading to laggy all around performance. From what palm said at their developer day that issue may soon be taken care of in a future webos update.

    Then again this is just what I have interpreted from things i have heard from developers and from palm so i may be entierly wrong.
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

    help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

    LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkproteus66 View Post
    It's a software issue. The pre and iphone 3GS are almost identical from a hardware stand point. As a matter of fact the pre plus has better all around specs than the 3GS thanks to the extra ram yet still lags in speed. From what I can make of the situation it's because the way webOS is set up it doesn't use the graphics part of the arm chip to assist with rendering on screen outside of PDK apps making the system rely entirely on the CPU for processing and rendering leading to laggy all around performance. From what palm said at their developer day that issue may soon be taken care of in a future webos update.

    Then again this is just what I have interpreted from things i have heard from developers and from palm so i may be entierly wrong.
    While the complete reason is more complex than that, the simple reason is Palm's WebOS code is inefficient and slow and little has been done in the last year to increase its efficiency.
  14. #14  
    he states here that the tegra chip might power the webos tablet as well, hopefully tegra will support WEB OS now and in the future, its a very very powerfull technology:

    NVIDIA hints webOS tablet, rags on Apple and Intel | Electronista
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    ZuneHD if I'm not mistaken...
    correct, my zune hd made me fall in love with tegra

    the OS is quick, looks beautiful, etc.
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  16. #16  
    NVIDIA doesn't give a damn about Palm phones. They're just trying to position themselves for any upcoming WebOS tablets.
    The Saint
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by clintwinstead View Post
    NVIDIA doesn't give a damn about Palm phones. They're just trying to position themselves for any upcoming WebOS tablets.
    That may or may not be true depending on how badly they want to keep intel out of the phone space.
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

    help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

    LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!

Posting Permissions