1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Here's a new twist to the on going story of an HP/Palm slate computer. HP & Palm may EACH bring out Slate one with webOS and one with Win 7! From everything I have read, the Win 7 slate was eating batteries, big time. So I think the webOS slate has a major leg up over a win 7 slate!

Take care, Jay

WebOS tablet from HP confirmed, launch alongside Win7 Slate?
    May 24th, 2010 by Annkur

http://onlygizmos.com/webos-tablet-f...slate/2010/05/

At CES, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer proudly went on stage with the HP Slate and it was considered to be the first real competition to the iPad. Even the pricing details that came out sounded good and just as the industry started to speculate the launch date for the Windows 7 Slate, HP acquired Palm! Its no-brainer that the most valuable asset of Palm is its software i.e. the WebOS. Enough for speculations of the Windows Slate being canned to go around the town. HP VP Phil McKinney clarified that the the Slate is a “real product” and would launch sometime in 2010. Now adding a little twist to this tale Digitimes quotes Monty Wong, vice president of personal computing systems group at HP Taiwan confirmed a WebOS based tablet before October.

Now that leaves us with two HP tablets coming up with different operating systems. Given the long standing relationship between Microsoft and HP, it would be a difficult situation for HP to ditch Windows 7. And perhaps here we also heard them saying that the WebOS won’t make it to netbooks or smartbooks but just smartphones and tablets.

Given the time frame in which Monty Wong has claimed a WebOS to be coming up, I am pretty sure that Palm was working on this thing and adding HP’s resources to it makes the rollout happen faster. All the best Palm, we live to see your innovation in HP now.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    There's no doubt that I want one.
    I'm not going to go crazy until either Palm or HP give us an official release date. Frankly, my heart can't take much more speculaton.
    The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.

Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.
  3.    #3  
    Hi, actually I do not want one. No keyboard, too big to attach to your belt, too heavy for a book reader.

What I do want, is in an article I just posted on Palm or Palm/HP handholds containing a Pico projector, as early as next year!

take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I definitely want the webos version, matter of fact i have already started putting a little away for when one comes out. I really believe it will replace my laptop on most everything but typing longer documents.
    Palm Pre Plus 2010 World Champion
    I've said it in other threads... but this is the first time in many years I am really excited about a piece of electronics. If HP can do the design right the first time and not just push a device out to market (cough palm cough) I will be there to get one.

I want to see a webOS tablet with and expansion slot, sleek-sexy look, replaceable battery, webcam, and a great virtual keyboard (it is a tablet after all). If they can do that and truly make it look HOT... I'll get one right away. I've always wanted one for work (it would be great for what I do) and am giddy with excitement for it!
    WEB OS Is going to be terriffic on a slate.