1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Apparently HP was the one to make the first overture of $ and the other firms then followed suit. I has assumed that some firms bid BEFORE HP. However, it turns out, that was not the case.

Take care, Jay

HP Made Its Intentions to Buy Palm, Rival Companies Started Making Bids
    Posted by Abbey Smith on May 23, 2010

http://www.toptechreviews.net/tech-n...d-making-bids/

Over the past few months, we’ve heard so much about the staggering company – Palm and different gory details of interested parties, wagering for its acquisition. Last week, we all heard/read that HP was the shark, who was planning on gulping down Palm but ever since, HP made its intentions clear, rival companies started making bids too.

The question still hangs out there in the cold, who were these interested buyers? Palm’s owner(s), got pretty happy about the recent turn of events because when its about making Benjamins, there is nothing like stalling an already interested buyer (HP), and waiting for other bids.

Palm’s downhill ride started over the last few years and every time the company laid out plans to hit a specific number, (in terms of revenue), they just failed. For example, a meeting in February ended up with the board of directors hitting a revelation that Palm only made $300 million in profits, whereas, the targeted amount was $410 million.

From then on, the situation only got worse and before the fiscal year was over, Palm already hit the bottom of the sea. Soon enough, the board of directors was looking forward to selling the company and sharing the profits because the stock price of Palm fell to $4 per share. Palm contacted several other companies and let them know that the sinking ship was in need of a new captain.

Finally HP came under the spot light, with a bid of $1.2 Billion and they have full intentions of buying Palm. But as per the current situation, Palm is just stepping back a little and taking some time off, trying to figure out how much these “new buyers” are willing to offer.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Wow that's particularly interesting which sheds a new view on things. I also thought HP came later into the game. Makes you wonder how much HP was willing to put down for Palm if it came down to it.

[Btw, Post number 1000. Say hello to my new half-cellphone marker]

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Wow that's particularly interesting which sheds a new view on things. I also thought HP came later into the game. Makes you wonder how much HP was willing to put down for Palm if it came down to it.

Congrats Abyssul!

Congrats!
  5.    #5  

Dear Abyssul and everyone,

I see I am not the only one who thought that several companies made offers and THEN HP, made an offer AFTER everyone.

Once the deal is complete, I am sure we will much more about it.

Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group

Congrats!

This is definitely interesting information. I, too, thought HP was not the first.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"