Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    In no particular order:

• Ability to support in SDK creation of apps like shazam or shopsavvy. HP would be smart to make them available at launch.
    • Voice recorder as part of the phone or a download.
    • HD camcorder that won't stutter and pixelate moving subjects. If can't be done in HD, then definitely make it buttery smooth in SD.
    • 3.5" minimum screen, bonus points if it can be done in current or close to current size casing.
    • Wireless file transfer over wifi, without having to go into developer mode.
    • Flash support at launch.
    • Optional software keyboard.
    • Work with VZW to have GPS on par with android devices.
    • Support for CDMA, GSM and other bands making it a world phone so that business people can use it even when out of the country.
    • 4G support out of the box.
    • Free 3G access point app could be over 4G but software limited to 1.5mbps.
    • Paid 4G access point app.
    • Fix BS hardware quality control issues that have plagued some users. I so far have had one shut down when closing the slider and one hard crash requiring battery removal, others have had much worse.

Two devices, Pre2 a 3.5" slider, and an iphone type with 3.7" minimum screen size. Keep the current pre as a low end device. If not possible, then a Droid Eris touch screen with current Pre level cpu/gpu hardware inside.
    lol.. anything else,sounds good though.
    Palm needs a nuclear fission cell, expandable touch screen that grows up to 40", a device less than 1mm thick, an AI, to be an Autobot, 70000ghz processor and a bunch of other features that we decide we want after the device comes out
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Palm needs a nuclear fission cell, expandable touch screen that grows up to 40", a device less than 1mm thick, an AI, to be an Autobot, 70000ghz processor and a bunch of other features that we decide we want after the device comes out
    +1 - Don't forget a 6600mAh battery that is 1/8" thick and a 50x1 optical zoom in the camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    +1 - Don't forget a 6600mAh battery that is 1/8" thick and a 50x1 optical zoom in the camera.
    Nope it needs a nuclear fission cell to provide near infinite battery life
    don't forget big boobs!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    don't forget big boobs!
    That will be on the Palm Parton
    Nuclear fuel cell.... hmmm. Truth be told, the battery indicator does cause me no amount of stress. I would like to be able to finish the day with 50% of the battery left. I don't like having to charge up in the middle of the day!

So, in short i would prefer the nuclear power cell over the 7000GHz cpu
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    The new Intel chips (named Mooresville Atom if I'm not mistaken) for handheld devices looks promising. I think Palm needs to grab a hold of these.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    People's sarcastic answers to future palm devices threads.... well, they're getting a little old.

Palm seriously needs to put something out... that's not a freaking printer.
    I think Palm's biggest need (still) is volume. I know the top end devices get a lot of press, but it remains to be seen how well the EVO will sell.

It would be nice to see Palm compete at the high end, middle, and low end of the market. I think that may be the key to volume. Price points like $50, $100, and $199 are probably about right. If they can get enough press about the top end, it will help sell the low end devices.

The problem with the Pixi was not that it didn't have good specs, the problem was the Pre didn't gain enough attention to pull the Pixi along in it's wake.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandar View Post

Be manufactured by HTC
    I agree.

Sadly, I don't see our beloved little Company-That-Almost-Did coming up with a handset like that any time soon, unless the mythical "C40" has somehow continued development through all this turmoil and will somehow address every single Pre build issue and improve, by an order of magnitude, on the Pre in every way.

The Incredible and Evo are, whether we like it or not, the standard to which HPalm will be held when they release their first handset. I hope they are not found wanting.
    I'm afraid I can't let you do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    People's sarcastic answers to future palm devices threads.... well, they're getting a little old.
    They're exactly as old as the future palm devices threads themselves. Assuming they're anything like most device manufacturers, they'll look at what's succeeding, look at the major complaints from the previous run, and try to add something to differentiate. 5,000 "what I want if Palm really loved me.." threads are pipe dreams and so different from each other that they're functionally useless.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    don't forget big boobs!
    "Excuse me, are you...suckling...your phone?"
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    I also see HP getting there Slates and Printers out long before a new phone. And even if they have a new phone you cant assume it will be on Sprint. HP has no contract or exclusive agreement with Sprint in fact the way Sprint was partially responsible for the Pre faliure and the fact they abndoned the Pre so fast I wouldnt be suprised to see a new phone next year released on verizon. I mean when they updated the Pre ( the Plus) they gave it to Verizon and AT&T . we at sprint still have no access to the Pre Plus ( and I wanted it)and from what I read Sprint has no interest anyways. Again I think there relationship with Sprint is not the greatest. And HP does have a history of GSM phones. Something we all need to consider if your sitting on a upgrade and your gonna wait until middle of next year for the new webos phone that might not even be on sprint. Basically why I started searching for the phone to replace my Pre as it is getting older and breaking down. ( cracks, freezing)

But some of the ideas above do sound good. A Nuclear Battery would be great. But HP will do great thing with WEB OS it sounds.
    There are many stages with designing/releasing a new smartphone, with testing and working out bugs, companies just don't spit out a new device. Due to how dynamic the smartphone industry is, when a company releases a new device, it's predecessor is already on the designing board. While Palm may be able to add a few tweaks here and there, their next device is already set in stone.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ****-richardson View Post
    They're exactly as old as the future palm devices threads themselves. Assuming they're anything like most device manufacturers, they'll look at what's succeeding, look at the major complaints from the previous run, and try to add something to differentiate. 5,000 "what I want if Palm really loved me.." threads are pipe dreams and so different from each other that they're functionally useless.
    There's a whole forum for them.
    If the threads are placed in the right place, no need for sarcastic remarks.