Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by darkproteus66 View Post
    We are going to have to agree to disagree. I know a lot of people who are average users (ie not power nerds like i am) who find the Android interface messy and ineffective, The fact that you need a third party resource manager to keep the phones running well is proof to that. webOS manages multitasking much better than android can even dream of doing in it's current form.

Apple and the iphone on the other hand is a very smooth interface but it is getting a bit long in the tooth at this point and the fact that there is no unified navigation means that not all the apps have the setup for navigating menus.

What webOS lacks in speed (which is the biggest detractor to the user experience) it makes up for in pure elegance when navigating the system. That's what makes the webOS experience so great and why it can stand next to the iphones and Evos as an equal and not a second class citizen in the smart phone world.
    I don't know anything about using an Android. I was responding to the idea that WebOS has been dismissed in the media when its in fact a competitive product.

And compared to the iphone, out of the box, for the average user, its a nightmare.

Not to say it doesn't have potential, but it not getting its full respect in the media has nothing to do with an anti-WebOS bias. It has to do with an incomplete product on bad hardware.

As I keep saying, I get why its fun for many in here to tinker with and customize, but for many people that is not their goal with a smartphone.

Instead, they just want to know if it can do more than their last phone, and work easily.
    Ok I get what you were saying.

To that I have to agree. From the beginning I have felt that webOS 1.x.x was kind of a beta product. I am excited to see what 1.5 or 2.x will bring us. I have a feeling that once we hit the 2.x milestone is when we will truly see webOS shine.

To be fair the competition was much the same with iphone 1.0 and android 1.0 feeling like beta software. The big difference is that they have already matured their OS' to a point where it no longer feels that way. Hopefully with HP funding palm now we should see webOS mature at a much faster rate, and with proper advertising hopefully we can see users and developers sway to webOS helping with the app landscape.

I'm not saying that all the media is anti-webOS. On the contrary it seems like most of the media wants to like the system but they all seem very misinformed about the capabilites and features of the OS. And I think it is fair to talk about homebrew in talk in the hardcore tech press. When most of them are willing to publish in depth articles on rooting android phones or jailbreaking iphones.

I'm not anti google I just prefer webOS and I'm anti apple for religious reasons that have existed since long before the iphone was announced.

If this is horribly disjointed I am sorry I'm responding in chunks between projects at work
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by darkproteus66 View Post
    Ok I get what you were saying.

To that I have to agree. From the beginning I have felt that webOS 1.x.x was kind of a beta product. I am excited to see what 1.5 or 2.x will bring us. I have a feeling that once we hit the 2.x milestone is when we will truly see webOS shine.
    Hi,

You hit the nail right in the head! take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I would love to see a WebOS Tablet in October, however, I haven't heard of Palm releasing an updated SDK that supports the larger screens, or even an emulator that allows developers to test and adapt their apps. Current WebOS apps may run on a WebOS Tablet (like iTouch apps running on an iPad), but I think apps would need to be redesigned to effectively use the larger screen real estate.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Yes and no. most SDK apps should work with little to no need to update the code thanks to the fact that they are basically web pages. PDK apps on the other hand would have to be re written for the screen resolution
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cohoman View Post
    I would love to see a WebOS Tablet in October, however, I haven't heard of Palm releasing an updated SDK that supports the larger screens, or even an emulator that allows developers to test and adapt their apps. Current WebOS apps may run on a WebOS Tablet (like iTouch apps running on an iPad), but I think apps would need to be redesigned to effectively use the larger screen real estate.
    When it comes to that stuff.. you probably wont hear about it until they announce the product. Interestingly enough... I was talking with our company's corporate lawyer today and he was saying that with the buyout still going, they won't talk about stuff like that publicly, but behind the scenes they would definitely be working with select software companies. Once all the papers are signed, they will let the world know about everything they've been working on behind the scenes. Interesting...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123