Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just want to add my .02 to this discussion.

I currently work for the company Mark Hurd used to be the CEO of before he went to HP. I can tell you something from past experience when he says he is going to do something he means it whether you like it or not.

With that I believe he truly intends to put HP back in the smart phone field and the Palm acquisition is helping him do that. HP's products used to be a lot more diverse but lately they seem to have declined. Whether they let Palm retain their name or they roll them in to the HP name this is a definite move I think to get a piece of the smart phone pie.

As I said just my .02. In either case I am curious to see how it unfolds over the next few months.
    Ya know in the end all HP has to do it let us the customers who supported Palm for years know what the plans are. Atleast HP / Palm can say "Hey we will have a phone out very soon, cant give you specifics but you will be happy". the lack of any word is disturbing. I mean they already announed a tablet for October. Come on Palm say something before the mass exodus on June 4 and a few weeks later for the new Iphone.
    Ya still have Mark Hurds Email, would love to send him a email asking whats up with future HP Phones and will Sprint still sell them.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 05/22/2010 at 10:47 PM.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Ya know in the end all HP has to do it let us the customers who supported Palm for years know what the plans are. Atleast HP / Palm can say "Hey we will have a phone out very soon, cant give you specifics but you will be happy". the lack of any word is disturbing. I mean they already announed a tablet for October. Come on Palm say something before the mass exodus on June 4 and a few weeks later for the new Iphone.
    Ya still have Mark Hurds Email, would love to send him a email asking whats up with future HP Phones and will Sprint still sell them.
    WE ALL WISH!! However, I would think legally until HP actuall OWNS Palm, they cannot say too much!

Take care all, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Did not think of that. your probally right. Might be AUgust when they say anything after the merger is compete July 31.
  5.    #25  
    Hi all,

I just came across this one, see the highlighted text.

Take care, Jay

HP webOS Slate Confirmed

HP webOS Slate Confirmed

Since the HP/Palm deal occurred, a bit of speculation about HP launching a webOS based tablet has been happening. We heard a couple of weeks back that the new webOS tablet could be called the HP Hurricane although no official information has been provided about this being the case.
    Yesterday a HP representative confirmed that the company would be working on a HP webOS based tablet that will be made available in October. As well as tablets using webOS, we also hear that smartphones will continue to use it although surprisingly, netbooks and smartbooks have been ruled out.

It isn't clear at the moment if the new HP webOS tablet is going to be called the HP Hurricane. With a launch date of August though, it shouldn't be too long before we get official details about the device.

As soon as we get more details of the new tablet, we'll write up about them here. If any company has the ability to tackle Apple [AAPL], I think HP and webOS could have a chance. Of course there are other tablet makers bringing out various OS's such as Android, but so far none have sold as many as Apple. Lets hope HP can come up with something decent.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    my best bet on this hp deal is that they gonna go unlocked gsm first !!! like they have done in the past with their ipaq...
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    WE ALL WISH!! However, I would think legally until HP actuall OWNS Palm, they cannot say too much!

Take care all, Jay
    You are exactly right. I just went through an aquisition and no one could say a thing until the deal was done. During internal meetings with the employees there were always lawyers present and the statement "is it okay to answer that..." was always directed at the lawyers when we wanted specific answers.

So, all this speculation is moot. Wait till August 1st then all will be revealed. Until then, enjoy your palm while you still can.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo1024 View Post
    You are exactly right. I just went through an aquisition and no one could say a thing until the deal was done. During internal meetings with the employees there were always lawyers present and the statement "is it okay to answer that..." was always directed at the lawyers when we wanted specific answers.

So, all this speculation is moot. Wait till August 1st then all will be revealed. Until then, enjoy your palm while you still can.
    Thanks. LOL I have watch too many episodes of Law & Order. MY education and background were in horticulture not law, LOL.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12