Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    i'm sure a lot of you have already seen this on youtube.. what are your thoughts on it.. i think its a pretty cool concept.. any other cool mockups out there?

Looks pretty slick but I could never see that happening. Gadgets are never quite that fun.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    Gadgets are never quite that fun.
    sad but true.. a fella can dream though..
    I am on board.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    People made 3D renders of Apple's new tablet before Ipad was released.

Let's just say... The renders make the Ipad look like it was built 10 years ago.
    this is slick and would love to see it.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Oh ya...I love it and show a bunch of ideas thoughtout clearly.

Palm and HP will make something and it is good to see someone making concepts to help motivate the design. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    yep! i'm anxious for a new webOS phone and tablet
    that looks clean!!! I would love a mini slab version, I had that idea of the keyboard while it's on the TS the other night. Hope people at hp/palm have something similar in the works..
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    mm hmm.. any more thoughts?
    I'll buy two, please!

haha, I would buy this before you could blink. I also like the stand/keyboard. That could be the new TouchStone (of course, it would be called the Touchstand).
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    the engineer in me has some concerns about the physics. Also while Bluetooth is nice, we're gonna need a hard connection option in order to save battery.

how about something along the lines of what you see here at 0:20
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 05/23/2010 at 06:09 AM.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    mm hmm.. mm hmm.. get those juices flowing..
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    the engineer in me has some concerns about the physics. Also while Bluetooth is nice, we're gonna need a hard connection option in order to save battery.

how about something along the lines of what you see here at 0:20
    I like the dock in HP's new video, but no clue on what they have planned. Hopefully they plan to add both charging and interfacing to the dock and how bout some output options like HDMI and Digital Audio output to make the dock really useful. I'm looking forward to what Palm and HP are planning and try to implement what made the Pre successful and build on those notions innovating on a tablet framework.

Also, why not add a complete Linux distro in the Slate with a webOS front end for interfacing? Have a full Linux build would allow using native Linux apps that could be managed with the right controls in a webOS tablet interface. Wrong thread, but still interesting and worth speculating...

Either way, need to start saving now for whatever comes our way.

Sorli...
    Last edited by sorli; 05/25/2010 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Linux Options...