Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Palm recently emailed people in the UK, with details of the release of the Pre Plus and the Pixi Plus, but towards the bottom of the email, was the image attached below, and this don't look like a Pre of Pixi
    Attached Images Attached Images
    if it is looks sweet! The need to do somethin. ( fingers crossed)
    dam, if tehy remove the keyboard......i might have to look at blackberry

ughhh, hope not

ughhh, hope not
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Looks like a tablet..
    Quote Originally Posted by steiale View Post
    Looks like a tablet..
    +1
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    it's just the original comercial in the pre media player cropped to be a thumbnail. It's the same shape as the pic right next to it.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Rumors that are circulating says the new WebOS device has a huge screen that almost covers the whole gadget from end to end. This looks like what has been described.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    After checking the image a second time it seems to me that this is indeed just a thumbnail.
    unfortunately it is just that...

come on I m tired of the Pre I want e fulltouch/no keyboard webOS device...
    it looks like just the thumb nail of a pre but so close up you don't see the edges. So.... Hmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post

ughhh, hope not
    When it comes out, try out the keyboard on the Evo. It is large enough that you might like it.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    When it comes out, try out the keyboard on the Evo. It is large enough that you might like it.
    Capacitive Virtual Keyboard = Automatic no for me.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Capacitive Virtual Keyboard = Automatic no for me.
    Well, I am just saying you might want to give the Evo's a try since it is comically large.

Just looks like a screen cap of the video player.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Why are you trying so hard to get people to switch to an Evo? Why are you trolling these boards? Do you work for HTC... I have seen it in numerous threads.
    Lol. I don't troll these boards, and I don't try to get people to switch to anything. I try to get people to try things and learn about what they are discussing rather than just making assumptions.

I don't work for any company, I am a student at the moment. I typically dislike blind love or blind hatred and I don't like sweeping generalizations such as all touch keyboards are bad, or android sucks, or windows sucks or iPhones suck or WebOS is perfect, or WebOS is the best OS in the world.

Very rarely is anything perfectly clear cut.

Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    WebOS isn't perfect but Windows, Android and iPhone do suck. =)
    Preference are fine. But some people here said absolutely no unless it has a physical keyboard. Well that is all fine and good, but things do change, and a virtual keyboard on tablet might be ok. I don't really know, since I have never used one. It looks a little awkward on the iPad, but I could see how it could be very convenient for fast emails or just simple web browsing.

This post pretty much sums up my feelings about vkb: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2470052

I posted it in other places as well, but software keyboards have changed a lot from 3 years ago. Most people tried them on feature phones with a touch screen and had a bad experience from the small screen and low responsiveness. In the case of the Evo, you have a very responsive OS and a large screen so the vkb experience might be different. And it only really takes 5 min of your time when you are next in a Sprint store. Who knows, maybe a world of new devices will open up to you, or may be you will find that you still don't like it. But the real answer is you don't know until you try.

Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    WebOS isn't perfect but Windows, Android and iPhone do suck. =)
    Pushing my buttons huh?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast