Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    So i have had this 'stuck in headset mode' issue for over a month, and i was unable to get it right.

It was so frustrating that I finally took it to the vzw store to have them look at it/replace it if necessary.

I'm not sure if anyone else found this out already but in my case, it was the actual headset not the phone itself.

the tech used his headset and it worked perfectly.

I used my palm headset and it put it back into headset mode and after pulling the headset out, it stayed there, like always.

i did everything with the compressed air, cotton swab with alcohol, etc.

I bought a 30 dollar headset (which i'm going to return because it sucks for music), and it works 100% perfectly well. So i will call palm for a replacement headset because this is one is jacked up.

So not all stuck modes are caused by the headset alone, but if anyone is suffering ,try replacing the headset.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hmorgan25 View Post
    So i have had this 'stuck in headset mode' issue for over a month, and i was unable to get it right.

It was so frustrating that I finally took it to the vzw store to have them look at it/replace it if necessary.

I'm not sure if anyone else found this out already but in my case, it was the actual headset not the phone itself.

the tech used his headset and it worked perfectly.

I used my palm headset and it put it back into headset mode and after pulling the headset out, it stayed there, like always.

i did everything with the compressed air, cotton swab with alcohol, etc.

I bought a 30 dollar headset (which i'm going to return because it sucks for music), and it works 100% perfectly well. So i will call palm for a replacement headset because this is one is jacked up.

So not all stuck modes are caused by the headset alone, but if anyone is suffering ,try replacing the headset.
    I have had my phone get stuck in the headset mode several times, cause i use it in the car non-Bluetooth but through the aux in my car. To fix it I just unplug and replug the phone over and over and keep checking my vmail until it clicks out of headset mode and back to the regular
    Happens to me occassionally too. I had one Pre replaced because neither I, nor the tech at the store to fix it. But, most of the time, I am able to get it to work by "cleaning" the contacts in the headphone jack with a toothpick.