1.    #1  
    I just installed a freeware hack "Treo Keyboard Utils". This lets your keyboard have full cursor functioning by holding the MENU key and pressing a user-defined letter.

It also lets you assign next field/previous field - something I sorely missed going from graffiti to keyboard.

Michael
    This lets your keyboard have full cursor functioning by holding the MENU key and pressing a user-defined letter.
    I tried that a while back, and just couldn't understand this functionality. Two things: 1) pressing the menu button pulls down a menu, and 2) you have to try to choose a set of letters that, after you press the menu button, aren't assigned to a menu command. Am I missing something?
    I like switcheroo very much, which has related functionality -- it lets you assign [blue] space letter to an application for each letter (e.g., I start Handy Shopper by pushing blue and space simultaneously, then pushing h).
    I also use Switcheroo, but wouldn't really say it has reelated functionality to this piece of software. Switcheroo is a launcher; this give you a cursor and field-selection. Or am I misunderstanding the description?
    You're right -- I misunderstood what the keyboard program does.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Very cool. This is one of my biggest pet peeves about my Treo 270. To be able to use next field/previous field is awesome. Now to see how this works...
    --Denny

P.S. This hack works as advertised. I wonder if there is a way to map the jog dial and/or the up/down arrows to do the same thing (eliminating the need for 2 keypresses). Still VERY cool.
    Last edited by dbasham; 07/10/2002 at 07:39 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by Fleischner

I tried that a while back, and just couldn't understand this functionality. Two things: 1) pressing the menu button pulls down a menu, and 2) you have to try to choose a set of letters that, after you press the menu button, aren't assigned to a menu command. Am I missing something?

To get the menu you press and release the MENU key, then press the menu letter - to use the cursor hack you press and HOLD the MENU key while pressing the key to move the cursor. This lets you assign a cursor key to a menu function.

Michael
    Originally posted by mfacelle
    I just installed a freeware hack "Treo Keyboard Utils". This lets your keyboard have full cursor functioning by holding the MENU key and pressing a user-defined letter.

It also lets you assign next field/previous field - something I sorely missed going from graffiti to keyboard.
    I just tried it and it's very nice. The cursor keys have a very natural like the cursor keys on a desktop keyboard. While Option+Up Arrow allows you to move the cursor around, it only works for left right motion while TKU gives me up, down, left and right motion like a "real" keyboard.
  9.    #9  
    There is a new version of Treo Keyboard Utils - this lets you select a block of text by using MENU+Space to mark the start of the block, move to the end of the block and press MENU+Space again, and the block is highlighted!

Michael
    For those of you that are lazy like me. :-)

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...3&prodID=42714