1.    #1  
    I have just received my Treo 270, and I am trying to figure out how to dial a number using a calling card. In Nokia phones, you can set up a calling card in preference, and use it whenever you want. The only place that the manual mentioned about calling card is thru the network setup. But I want to dial a regular number using a calling card (local number + PIN). I don't think the extra digit is the solution. Is there a way to do this or I have to use a third party appz?
    Set up a speedial entry, and use the "extra digits" field. When the phone card service picks up, press the extra digits button on the screen and it will do the rest. For instance, for Voicestream Customer Service I have 83XX2680XX,XXXX,11 as the extra digits so I can just press one button and get my minutes used. The commas are 2 second breaks.

Let me know if this works.
  3.    #3  
    thanks KRamsauer, but how do you dial the number with the calling card. As you've described, the speed dial button is for the calling card alone, so how would you dial the person's number next after the calling card? I have one of those calling card that I have to dial the card's local number, then PIN, then the telephone number.
    Okay, if you want to link a person's number to a speedial through your calling card, it might go somethign like this:

12345678,860-555-0850

If you put those characters in the extra digits field, it would work if the calling card service immediately let you enter in your account number (which is 12345678) and then after a delay allows you to enter in a 10 digit number (for instance, 860-555-0850). Note that this approach will require two taps. Once to dial the calling card number one to enter in the string above. Is this what you're looking for?
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    ... Note that this approach will require two taps. One tap to dial the calling card access number, one tap to enter in the string above (which contains the calling card number).
    Jeff
    Thanks for the clarification. I see if the Y2K bug still manages to destroy the planet, I'll be stuck with Rosie and you'll be the real ship's proofreader. :-)

You do bring up a good point (if you wanted to or not, it reminded me). Your calling card number will be in plain view. I keep all my important data inside an encryption program, but this might let some information leak. So be careful who as access to your Treo.

--Kurt
  7.    #7  
    Yeah, kinda what I am looking for. But this method will require me to select all the phone numbers that I want to dial thru calling card and set up a speed dial for each of them with calling card access number as the main dialup number, then the extra string will be the PIN and the actual phone number. I know this will work, but it's such a hassle, and what happen if I want to dial a number from my contact list?

BTW, Thanks for all the help
    Okay. You've converted me. My solution isn't what you're looking for. :-) How about the following? It has "calling card support," though I'm not sure in what capacity.

http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...9&prodID=38068
  9.    #9  
    Thank you, that is exactly what I am looking for. Why can't Handspring have that feature?
    I get the feeling that if they included all the features people say "why didn't they add such and such" first it wouldn't have been released yet and second, it would be very very buggy. I'm more of a fan of the mix-and-match practice of adding shareware.
    Right. They could add all the stuff anyone might possibly need, we've have a phone the size of a laptop, and run Windows XP.
    I cant seem to get the calling card feature to work in takephone. It ignores the letter "T" i put in the phone script and dials all the numbers together. I have also tried inserting a ,

Anyone have this feature working? I would really like to use my calling card and youre right its a pain with the standard dialer.
    Thanks

Majic JayJ
    Originally posted by jayj
    I cant seem to get the calling card feature to work in takephone. It ignores the letter "T" i put in the phone script and dials all the numbers together. I have also tried inserting a ,

Anyone have this feature working? I would really like to use my calling card and youre right its a pain with the standard dialer.
    Hi,

The Treo s/w seems to eliminate all 'T's and 'P's from the number TAKEphONE passes it.

The solution - use 'x' for the first pause. The Treo s/w will dial the first number (on the left of the 'x'), then wait for an answer, then display the "Extra digits" button. Tap it, and the rest of the number will be dialed - including 'T's and 'P's !

E.g. - Say I want to dial 18001234567, then enter my PIN (007), then dial the target number.
    The number to dial would be: 18001234567x007T???????
    And the Calling-Card script: 18001234567x007TN

Hope this helps -
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com