1.    #1  
    If this is true, Palm had alot more to offer and was more appealing, then some on here had hoped right before the buyout. Also if true that shareholder lawsuit's really has no merit does it? What say you Precentral.net?

HP bought Palm after a five-company bidding war -- Engadget
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    From Engadget... Great Read and Exciting stuff!

HP bought Palm after a five-company bidding war -- Engadget
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Interesting, I'm curious tho if one of those bidders was apple. I'd think they would love to get palm(patents) and then just erase them. If they were a bidder I'm thankful hp stepped up their bid......very very thankful!!!!
    I bet the 4 other companies were Lenovo, Huawei, HTC, and Cisco. I have a strong feeling C was either Lenovo or HTC.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    If this is true, Palm had alot more to offer and was more appealing, then some on here had hoped right before the buyout. Also if true that shareholder lawsuit's really has no merit does it? What say you Precentral.net?
    Out of the 16 companies Palm approached on their sale, less than a third of them even showed an interest. When the dust settles, HP walks away wih a lowball $5.70/share price and is now probably saying *** seeing as how they could have gotten Palm for $0.10/share less. Palm was definitely a bad investment for it's stockholders - let's see if HP can make it worth something again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Out of the 16 companies Palm approached on their sale, less than a third of them even showed an interest. When the dust settles, HP walks away wih a lowball $5.70/share price and is now probably saying *** seeing as how they could have gotten Palm for $0.10/share less. Palm was definitely a bad investment for it's stockholders - let's see if HP can make it worth something again.
    Best mobile os + billions of dollars in R&D = great success!!!
    I bet Apple was in the bidding war and that their only goal was to make sure HTC did not acquire Palm and it's patents portfolio because if this would have happened, Apple's lawsuit against HTC would have gone out the window.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I bet Apple was in the bidding war and that their only goal was to make sure HTC did not acquire Palm and it's patents portfolio because if this would have happened, Apple's lawsuit against HTC would have gone out the window.
    How much would you bet?