1.    #1  

Every few month when I goto download an app from the app store; the app fails to download. Then all of the future downloads fail and I have to use the Doctoring-Software to bring my phone back to full health. I was told by Palm that they don't block users from the app store, but this keeps happening. What could be causing this? I can't keep Doctoring my phone every few months.

It's not Preware, Patches or anything like that. It just seems like someone decided to block my account from downloading the files that I have already paid for.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

http://m.forums.precentral.net/palm-...every-app.html

please follow this thread to prevent duplicates
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    [url]

please follow this thread to prevent duplicates
    I already read that post. It didn't offer anything helpful, or explain if Palm blocks users from downloading. Thanks for trying though!

read again. Users noting that setting the phone date back to the 13th provides a workaround. There are several others.

posting a duplicate thread just clogs up the search engine, making it even harder to find answers.

...just sayin'
    ...... His issue has been occurring every few months, the issue going on now seems to point to a expired certificate on palms end. So how would that explain his issue every few months prior to this current problem?

Not to mention, he states a dr visit fixed the issue...

Those being true, this makes sense to have a new thread as its a separate issue, right?

If your gonna be Thread Police read the threads...
  6.    #6  
    read again. Users noting that setting the phone date back to the 13th provides a workaround. There are several others.

posting a duplicate thread just clogs up the search engine, making it even harder to find answers.

...just sayin'
    I told you I have all ready read and tried those things. That is why I posted this thread. I'm not going to Doctor my phone again, if there is a better way around it. And changing the date didn't help at all, and even if it did; it isn't a fix. I need to find other ways of fixing this.

I don't agree, but I'm not the police. I just frustrated when I seaech for actual info and get tones of duplicate threads. This issue is in fact such a duplicate with the link I posted, the front page precentral.net article, and several others. The current occurrence is being discussed on the last few pages of the previous thread.

IHMO
    start reading from the end of the thread:

http://m.forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/246608-install-failed-every-app.html

once the problem is solved, I doubt seriously that doctoring will be required.
  9.    #9  
    start reading from the end of the thread:

once the problem is solved, I doubt seriously that doctoring will be required.
    I have read that and the other posts a bunch of times. I have been dealing with this issue for a while now. If it is the Preware Package Manager, that still doesn't help me out any. If you have a set-post you want me to read, then please post it here.

I know how you feel about all of the posts though. I wish there were just 1 with everything needed, but that won't happen until the problem is fixed. Fixed without having to Doctor.

I understand your point. I thin I am assuming your issue is related, and you are assuming it isn't. When this happened a while back, it was releated to palm making paid apps available outside of the us. Eventually the problems were resolved, things bean working and doctoring wasn't necessary. It took a couple of days to resolvem and you may have doctored during that (speculation on my part)

the importants part of that thread is to try setting your phone back to april, and see if the workaround works for you. That will help to show if your issue is/isnt the same.

give it a try. I am confident that the app catalog is all or nothing by country. If the catalog is open to anyone it ia open to everyone the same.
  11.    #11  
    I understand your point. I thin I am assuming your issue is related, and you are assuming it isn't. When this happened a while back, it was releated to palm making paid apps available outside of the us. Eventually the problems were resolved, things bean working and doctoring wasn't necessary. It took a couple of days to resolvem and you may have doctored during that (speculation on my part)

the importants part of that thread is to try setting your phone back to april, and see if the workaround works for you. That will help to show if your issue is/isnt the same.

give it a try. I am confident that the app catalog is all or nothing by country. If the catalog is open to anyone it ia open to everyone the same.
    I tried changing the date.; it sometimes works and other times doesn't. I end up forgetting that I changed the date and my Google Cal events don't work when that happens. So I don't like the work around, even if I could get it to work correctly.

The only thing on that thread that made much sense was the problems related to the Package Manager Service. I have had issues with that file not working within Preware when my phone has started acting up. But I don't know where to download that file outside of quick Install, because Quick Install isn't even noticing that app anymore.

I guess I will just keep looking. I don't want to Doctor my phone anymore!

have you upgraded to preware 1.0? I believe it includes package mgr.

also, I agree the workaround isn't optimal, but according to the person that tested it, you should change it back after getting the app to work. That way your calendar works.

I haven't tried that becausei used the other workaround, which is to click on the yellow triangle, and answer no to attempting another update attemot. At that point, the apps are working for me.
    update from palm:

http://blog.palm.com/palm/2010/05/an-update-on-the-palm-app-catalog.html
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 05/15/2010 at 03:53 PM.
  15.    #15  
    have you upgraded to preware 1.0? I believe it includes package mgr.

also, I agree the workaround isn't optimal, but according to the person that tested it, you should change it back after getting the app to work. That way your calendar works.

I haven't tried that becausei used the other workaround, which is to click on the yellow triangle, and answer no to attempting another update attemot. At that point, the apps are working for me.

Yeah I upgraded to the latest version of Preware. I broke down last night and Doctored my phone. I have a lot of apps (Only 1GB Free); so I can't be changing the date and hoping that the work-around works. There is updates every other da, and that would get annoying. I asked on another thread and the user said that the Package Manager Service shouldn't have anything to do with the Palm App Store. In either event, since the newest Preware doesn't use the Package Manager, then hopefully I won't have to do this again. If that was the problem in the first place. I still wonder if Palm ever blocks users though? There has to be cases where they do.

Thanks for your help!