View Poll Results: Just pick one.

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Have been with Palm more then 5 years and will be staying

17 19.77%
  • Have been with Palm for more than 5 years and am looking for somthing different

5 5.81%
  • Have Palm phone now and am staying

44 51.16%
  • Have Palm now and am leaving.

20 23.26%
  1.    #1  
    Since there are so many other phone threads about how "I like this instead" or " when are you leaving palm" or Did you pre order EVO" I thought I would start this poll in the PRECENTRAL forum that has to do with the Pre/Pixi. Many poll do not give you the option to stay. This one is simple. Yes I am or no I am not.

PALM ROCKS
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Very nice poll. I think it will work out for Palm/HP. It will be fun to watch the scrambling of EVO users when the next Palm/HP device is launched.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

lets add 'what other phone has grass-roots users raise over 5 thousand ucks to fuel development from the home rew community...'

1) Palm
    2) No one else...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Very nice poll. I think it will work out for Palm/HP. It will be fun to watch the scrambling of EVO users when the next Palm/HP device is launched.
    That will be funny. Those of us that have been with palm for many years have seen this before. I can't wait for HP to go "balls to the wall" and bring out a 1,2,3, punch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    lets add 'what other phone has grass-roots users raise over 5 thousand ucks to fuel development from the home rew community...'

1) Palm
    2) No one else...
    Wounder how Android is doing these days.
    >If you could be like a dog and lick your ****, would you be alone or still with someone else?<
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 05/14/2010 at 09:29 PM.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

We want them!!!
  5.    #5  
    What happen to all those jumping ship people. Is it the way the questions are NOT slighted? Could it be trollers? Looks like the longer someone is with Palm the more they want to stay.
    Someone needs to write a Palm love song. Maybe have Kiss, Black Sabbath or Metallica play it.

We want them!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    What happen to all those jumping ship people. Is it the way the questions are NOT slighted? Could it be trollers? Looks like the longer someone is with Palm the more they want to stay.
    Someone needs to write a Palm love song. Maybe have Kiss, Black Sabbath or Metallica play it.
    Well I don't think you can deny that there are some pre users that are planning on jumping ship to the EVO. Not sure what you want to accomplish with this poll as these types of polls (and the EVO ones) can't be very accurate. All they can do is give an indication that some users want to stay with Palm, and some users have decided to go elsewhere. The percentages really are meaningless given the small cross section that answers these polls.

Also, out of the ones that want to go elsewhere some could have intentions of coming back when the hardware is updated and/or they feel the hardware is more solid. There has been indication that some users feel that way.
    I'm under the have palm now (pre was my first palm) and am currently staying. The $10 a month extra Evo charge has turned me off to Sprint and the Evo but like all of Sprints bad moves I assume it will be taken away when the phone sales are slow. Once the charge is removed and perhaps the Evo drops a little in price I will switch.

Android is great having played with my gf's Incredible. But come on Sprint, don't charge me $10 a month for 4G when my city doesn't even have 4G yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjparfekt View Post
    I'm under the have palm now (pre was my first palm) and am currently staying. The $10 a month extra Evo charge has turned me off to Sprint and the Evo but like all of Sprints bad moves I assume it will be taken away when the phone sales are slow. Once the charge is removed and perhaps the Evo drops a little in price I will switch.

Android is great having played with my gf's Incredible. But come on Sprint, don't charge me $10 a month for 4G when my city doesn't even have 4G yet.
    I can only imagine the extra charge for LTE. If Sprint is 10 bucks, can't wait to see what it will be for Verizon.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

lol @ the title!! I've been a loyal Palm User since my Centro and never looked back. Before my centro I had a blackberry (Pearl 8100 to be exact, so this is the era where Blackberries became cool to the general population after they implemented the track ball newayz blah) but eversince having a palm device I always felt like I could do more with my phone, as well as to my phone. I've been jaded by HTC eversince they made the MDA (another winmo sidekick form factor released on Tmob a few yesteryears ago) In regards of android...i don't have to many bad things to say, but there OS is very Fragmented, and I don't think Froyo is enough to fix it. It's gonna end up being like BlackBerry different OS's Running across different devices. Anyways I love Palm for making it simple for us.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by nrcsbrooks2 View Post
    lol @ the title!! I've been a loyal Palm User since my Centro and never looked back. Before my centro I had a blackberry (Pearl 8100 to be exact, so this is the era where Blackberries became cool to the general population after they implemented the track ball newayz blah) but eversince having a palm device I always felt like I could do more with my phone, as well as to my phone. I've been jaded by HTC eversince they made the MDA (another winmo sidekick form factor released on Tmob a few yesteryears ago) In regards of android...i don't have to many bad things to say, but there OS is very Fragmented, and I don't think Froyo is enough to fix it. It's gonna end up being like BlackBerry different OS's Running across different devices. Anyways I love Palm for making it simple for us.
    You know that is something we have talked about before but does not seem to be mentioned much right now. The EVO might be all that but it is still an Android OS.
    So nobody wants to write the Palm song? lol

We want them!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by nrcsbrooks2 View Post
    In regards of android...i don't have to many bad things to say, but there OS is very Fragmented, and I don't think Froyo is enough to fix it. It's gonna end up being like BlackBerry different OS's Running across different devices. Anyways I love Palm for making it simple for us.
    This is true, but due to many different models and phone configurations. Palm only has the Pre and the Pixi. If HP/Palm stay in the vein of only releasing one or two models of handsets at a time then this might stay true but then you don't get much choice in hardware configuration other than the new model. If they branch out and have a few different models available then potentially WebOS could run into something similar.

1) Palm
    2) No one else...
    Ah, good ol' ignorant blather. You omitted all the funding a couple of Palm OS hackers received from the Treo Central readers back in the Treo 600 days in 2003-2004

Or how on the PDAPhoneHome forums we repeatedly purchased new phones at full retail To the tune of several thousand dollars to get them in the hands of a few really sharp Windows CE and Windows Mobile developers back in 2002-2005.

Or the XDA Developers who have been hacking, patching, and cooking custom ROMs for mobile phones since 2005 using donations from their site.

Those days make the current Pre grass roots movement look like a couple of kids hanging out in their treehouse club.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Ah, good ol' ignorant blather. You omitted all the funding a couple of Palm OS hackers received from the Treo Central readers back in the Treo 600 days in 2003-2004

Or how on the PDAPhoneHome forums we repeatedly purchased new phones at full retail To the tune of several thousand dollars to get them in the hands of a few really sharp Windows CE and Windows Mobile developers back in 2002-2005.

Or the XDA Developers who have been hacking, patching, and cooking custom ROMs for mobile phones since 2005 using donations from their site.

Those days make the current Pre grass roots movement look like a couple of kids hanging out in their treehouse club.
    My point is exactly that. It's a regular thing to the Palm community. You don't see iPhone users or WinMo users supporting their home brew communities that way...

Why did you think my post was ignorant if we are both in such agreement? From all the phones listed in my sig, you can tell this ain't my first rodeo
    My point is exactly that. It's a regular thing to the Palm community. You don't see iPhone users or WinMo users supporting their home brew communities that way...
    Did you really consciously ignore my post? You don't see the WM examples I gave? As for iPhone, the Cydia community has received tens of thousands of dollars in donations for jailbroken apps. Plenty more examples like that in the broader (i.e. Not Palm) communities. It's not a "regular thing" in the Palm community. It's a rare thing compared to other long-term, dedicated, loyal communities out there.

Why did you think my post was ignorant if we are both in such agreement? From all the phones listed in my sig, you can tell this ain't my first rodeo.
    I don't see the agreement at all. You think this is a Palm-only effect when it is something rarely seen in the Palm community compared to most of the others. If not an ignorant viewpoint, it's certainly a provincial one.

I'm curious though - how could someone who has allegedly owned the phones you claim in your sig not actually join one of the 'Central boards before Jan 2010?

(and for those who missed this portion of Cantaffordit's original post, for some reason he highlighted the text in white - like invisible ink I guess).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post

I'm curious though - how could someone who has allegedly owned the phones you claim in your sig not actually join one of the 'Central boards before Jan 2010?

(and for those who missed this portion of Cantaffordit's original post, for some reason he highlighted the text in white - like invisible ink I guess).
    I can only think of two parts of that to respond to. My point is that the webOS community is much smaller, and yet it produces a lot pound-for-pound. If you think that's nothing new or impressive, I'm happy for you. Not sure why you aren't posting in those communities, but happy for you nonetheless.

As far as the devices I've owned... you have made too many silly assumptions to even sort them out. The cool thing is I don't need to prove anything to you. The fact that I know what a Kyocera6035 looks like might tell you a few things. I was using the original HP Palmtop that came with Lotus 1-2-3 in ROM, and I was using a Palm PDA before these forums were created. I'm sure I have been a member of this forum previously with long-lost email accounts. It's also possible to get a lot of goodness here without an account. And it's possible to be very proficient with a PDA or Smartphone without visiting a forum. That's how we rolled back in the day.
    from what I was told, the $10 extra ISN'T for 4G. It's for "Premium Usage" & that's more than just 4G. It's mainly for the high volume of data that's gonna be used with the Evo. Besides, if they charged an extra $20, it's still cheaper than the competitor's unlimited plans.
    I can only think of two parts of that to respond to. My point is that the webOS community is much smaller, and yet it produces a lot pound-for-pound. If you think that's nothing new or impressive, I'm happy for you. Not sure why you aren't posting in those communities, but happy for you nonetheless.
    You claimed the whole WebOS community was a unique thing (again referencing your initial post in this thread). I corrected your viewpoint. As for where I post, I participate in many forums like this one as testing new mobile technologies is a side benefit to my job. Find me over on HoFo and see what phones I currently drag around in my briefcase.

As far as the devices I've owned... you have made too many silly assumptions to even sort them out. The cool thing is I don't need to prove anything to you. The fact that I know what a Kyocera6035 looks like might tell you a few things. I was using the original HP Palmtop that came with Lotus 1-2-3 in ROM, and I was using a Palm PDA before these forums were created. I'm sure I have been a member of this forum previously with long-lost email accounts. It's also possible to get a lot of goodness here without an account. And it's possible to be very proficient with a PDA or Smartphone without visiting a forum. That's how we rolled back in the day.
    Yes yes - your eCredentials are very impressive. However, my question was more along the lines of participation. Since January of this year, you've made more posts here than I have in the last decade and I don't consider myself a lurker. Are you saying there's nothing to gain by joining these forums if you already know how to operate your device? I always thought these forums were for sharing knowledge (as in give and take), a concept you seemed to suddenly discover back in January.

As for myself, an "old guy," I like to kick it old school and point out errors when I see them or state my opinion when it may differ from someone else's opinion. That's how I roll today.

That said, it seems this might be your "first rodeo" after all.