1.    #1  
    Anyone think another bidder will show up to the Palm party???
    http://learning.palm.com/splg/webos/

palm / webos learning video
    Nope...I doubt it.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  3.    #3  
    We will see. I think HP stole the company at this level. Palm is set to explode. They are primed and ready. I do agree that Hp is a perfect suitor I just don't agree on the price.
    http://learning.palm.com/splg/webos/

palm / webos learning video
    I think given the fact that HP swooped in before Palm was worth nothing means that HP sees value in the Palm brand as well as the technology. Had they let things slip to the point of bankruptcy (or collapse) the Palm name may have been irreversibly damaged.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I read on a Business News site, that Palm has filed papers with the SEC that state the intention to be acquired by HP, and that they would not entertain any other offers. Can't remember where I saw it.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by livelife View Post
    Anyone think another bidder will show up to the Palm party???
    Not likely, probably not legal either. Typically a binding letter of intent will be in place, giving HP an exclusive to any deal for a specified amount of time - most likely 60 or 90 days.

If the deal falls through, then I can't see anyone making a purchase of Palm - they'll wait until bankruptcy and buy whatever IP they want off the court house steps.
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    I read on a Business News site, that Palm has filed papers with the SEC that state the intention to be acquired by HP, and that they would not entertain any other offers. Can't remember where I saw it.
    PreCentral.net homepage... no time to search it, but it's there.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Yep it's basically a done deal with HP as stated above re: sec filings.
    I am losing my mind at an alarming rate . . . Actually, I'm not really alarmed at all.
    Dell and Microsoft should have made a bid. Now they will lose out to their competitor, HP, that has a decent mobile division with Palm. But yes, Palm is not entertaining other bids anymore. HP or Bust!
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Here is the SEC filing for the Palm/HP deal.
    UNITED STATES SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Here's the current deal which I have been following closely.

Palm has agreed to not seek out other offers and their management board has approved the deal with HP. The share holders have not yet approved the deal so it could still fall through but that is unlikely.

If another bidder comes in with a better offer Palm can still accept it and has a duty to the share holders to entertain the offer if it is indeed better. Palm can still get out of their deal with HP by paying a $33 million fee which is very small compared to the overall size of the buyout.

Based on everything I've read I would say with 90% certainty that the deal with HP and Palm will go through at the end of July as predicted without any other offers or hiccups to the deal.

I personally think Palm and HP might be a reasonable fit but that Palm is being undervalued in the deal. I would love to see another company swoop in with a better offer that truly wants everything WebOS and Palm with their patent portfolio has to offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Nope...I doubt it.
    +1