1.    #1  
    I was thinking about getting the 4g evo, but that would mean extending my sprint contract. I definitely want to get the next webos and don't want to be trapped in a 2 year contract with sprint..

right now i have 6 months left.
    my guess is yes...but it will launch on VZ first. When? Nobody knows.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbastian29 View Post
    is verizon first 100%? how do we know that
    No one knows, hence him saying it's his guess.

I think it's a mistake for any phone manufacturer to depend on Verizon to launch their smartphone right now if it isn't under the Droid brand and runs Android. That's their priority. It will be for the forseeable future.

Sprint is still desperate for top end handsets. They still have approximately 7 million more postpaid contract customers than T-Mobile. They're going to have the first 4G network of any real size and scope. If that's not the best chance for Palm success, what is? AT&T? Please.
    according to my magic 8 ball....i should "ask again later"

edit: i asked again and this time it said "it'll show up on sprint first"
    Last edited by notalexrz; 05/13/2010 at 01:20 PM. Reason: magic 8 ball
    Quote Originally Posted by notalexrz View Post
    according to my magic 8 ball....i should "ask again later"

edit: i asked again and this time it said "it'll show up on sprint first"
    Wait... the 8 ball said Sprint will be first? Is that a reliable source?
    i sure hope so. i am eligible for an upgrade on the 1st of june, and i won't wait more than 2 months for a new palm phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbastian29 View Post
    of course its sprint next in the cycle, verizon first of all just got the pre plus three months ago what ***** would think they would bring another phone to the same network to hurt their already hurting sales, and bloated sitting inventory. Second how Verizon is treating Palm, with not just BS advertisments, but their in store reps, Palm would be crazy to try and sell anything right now through VZ anytime soon. The obvious guess is Sprint, not just the rumors of orlando sprint stores speaking about already seeing the new version, and rumors of a insider over at the android forums, but it makes sense. Not only has Sprint sold the most Palm Pre units between all the companys, but they have a strong relationship too. So the answer is a obvious YES. when that will be hopefully sooner then later.
    it would sure make sense for Sprint to get the Pre+...
    Quote Originally Posted by japclev View Post
    Switch to EVO. Pre & WebOs are dead.
    you must have forgot what site your on homie, what ***** would say that now. Maybe before the HP buyout, I would even consider that statement, but to even come on here and say get a EVO, another same ole android windows mobile knockoff, the same phone as the nexus one, the droid, the incrediable just with 1.5....1.....10......2.5 whatever on it but they all look the same is blasphomy. The Evo will be like any other phone outdated by the next high spec phone which will come from the dozen of companies in the cell phone biz, the difference with Web OS, is that its innovated and more revolutionary they anything Android can muster up. Now with HP and their ability to put their hands in the pot of high tech specs for a phone, sky is not even the limit for Web OS. So take that BS somewhere else.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis9389 View Post
    I was thinking about getting the 4g evo, but that would mean extending my sprint contract. I definitely want to get the next webos and don't want to be trapped in a 2 year contract with sprint..

right now i have 6 months left.
    You might be are a Sprint Premier customer. With that, you are eligible for a phone upgrade every year you are Premier member. So you could get the EVO 4g for a year and then upgrade.

From the Sprint website:

Early Upgrades: After only one year customers can receive our new customer price on a new handset. That's almost a year sooner than other customers. For accounts sharing minutes, the early upgrade applies to the primary line. A new two-year agreement is required.

From the Sprint Website again:

Eligibility requirements for Sprint Premier are simple: 1) For three consecutive months, consumer customers must be on an individual wireless plan of at least $69.99 per month or spend at least $99.99 per month on a plan that shares minutes, or 2) they must have been a Sprint wireless customer for at least 10 years. For complete rules about Sprint Premier, visit sprint.com/premiercustomer.
    Quote Originally Posted by japclev View Post
    There is very little to get out of WebOs anymore. It's getting boring.
    ummm...i think having about 5 or so devices that all look the same (android) and making a big deal about EVERY SINGLE one when they come out (about once a month...i may be exaggerating lol) is a little more boring than one phone that keeps improving itself and adding features. the EVO is the only android phone that has actually brought something new (and worthwhile) to the table
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    you must have forgot what site your on homie, what ***** would say that now. Maybe before the HP buyout, I would even consider that statement, but to even come on here and say get a EVO, another same ole android windows mobile knockoff, the same phone as the nexus one, the droid, the incrediable just with 1.5....1.....10......2.5 whatever on it but they all look the same is blasphomy. The Evo will be like any other phone outdated by the next high spec phone which will come from the dozen of companies in the cell phone biz, the difference with Web OS, is that its innovated and more revolutionary they anything Android can muster up. Now with HP and their ability to put their hands in the pot of high tech specs for a phone, sky is not even the limit for Web OS. So take that BS somewhere else.
    I'm with you. With HP behind Palm, WebOS now has room to stretch in terms of enhancements to its OS and refining the hardware for future handsets. With continued efforts to market their product well and refine a solid OS, Palm should be able to make some noise in this ever crowded Android and iPhone market.

IMO Verizon destroyed Palm's efforts of gaining ground on Android by leveraging the Pre to sell more Droids. You may check out my other posts regarding that issue.
    so if i use my Sprint Premier to upgrade my phone after one year, i have to sign up for another 2 years...leaving me with 3 years left on my Sprint contract?

not that i mind because Sprint is by far the best deal out there right now...but 3 years? damn
    I thought I saw somewhere where the next phone would be released first on Sprint, but the exclusiveness would not be as long as with the pre. There would be a push to get the device on all of the networks faster.
    I hope it doesn't go to Verizon, look how long it took them to "test (cripple)" 1.4.1.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboflavin View Post
    so if i use my Sprint Premier to upgrade my phone after one year, i have to sign up for another 2 years...leaving me with 3 years left on my Sprint contract?

not that i mind because Sprint is by far the best deal out there right now...but 3 years? damn
    I'm not positive,but believe tour new contract would replace your old contract leaving you with the new terms of 2 years period.
    Not sure how aggressive Sprint will be with getting another webos phone from Palm, especially after what happened with the Pre. EVO looks very promising, and I like how they announced it is coming out June 3rd for $199 after MIR. I am with you in not wanting to renew my contract. I might just buy it out right from 3rd part rather than renew with Sprint. Sprint is definitely taking its sweet time with expanding the 4g network