Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    The Treo doesn't support received SMS messages that have motion. What I mean by motion (for lack of a better word) is characters/images that seem to move (like a crude cartoon). Any advice is truly appreciated.
  2. #2  
    Oh yes ... please ... some one tell us how we can create another means for wasting band width. OH PLEASE divuldge that information that will allow my simple little "Hello" to have a multi-megabyte GIF as a background that depicts the rise and fall of the Roman Empire.

    Does any one besides me see the oxy-moron here?

    Gary
  3.    #3  
    Obviously you have no idea what I'm talking about. It has nothing what so ever to do with band width nor multi-megabyte GIFs. Any "simple" Nokia, Ericsson, etc. phone has this "trivial" capability. Its widely used in Europe and other parts of the world for YEARS. Your just another example of a self-centered, don't care about the rest of the world "person." So please don't be-little others until you understand the issue. But I guess that's why you have such a last name.
  4. #4  
    I'm with Mr. Little - SMS can be what email could have been, text mail. Instead I get inundated with 20K HTML spam. SMS should be text only, and short, too. Turn off HTML mail and, at 9600 baud, lose the graphics and emoticons.
  5. #5  
    I think what ZeeZo is talking about is MMS. MMS lets you send audio and pictures through your phone. It is jsut gaining in popularity ihn Europe, and only recently have carriers upgraded their networks to support it. In North America, I think we're still years away from anything!

    And no, the Treo does not support MMS yet - but I see it as one of the best devices to do so!
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  6. #6  
    nope, it's not an MMS. I've seen it and it ain't no GIF or anyth. - just a simple ASCII SMS with some characters that define simple text animation. It's a cool feature and I wish also it would be supported by the Treo.

    ZeeZo, have you checked if there are any 3rd party SMS apps that support it ?
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by Gary G. Little
    Oh yes ... please ... some one tell us how we can create another means for wasting band width. OH PLEASE divuldge that information that will allow my simple little "Hello" to have a multi-megabyte GIF as a background that depicts the rise and fall of the Roman Empire.

    Does any one besides me see the oxy-moron here?

    Gary
    My 2 cents...

    Chill. Just because you have a pet peeve doesn't mean that you have to belittle someone. The idea of forums like this is to have an open exchange of info. to fit everyone's varying needs. If you don't like the topic of a thread, just don't follow it.
  8. #8  
    yea, it's not MMS, it's just ASCII Text Messaging art (like what borisbob said )

    Anyway, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $ones$ $made$ $for$ $Nokia$ $only$ $display$ $correctly$ $on$ $a$ $nokia$, $and$ $the$ $ones$ $made$ $for$ $an$ $Ericsson$ $only$ $display$ $correctly$ $on$ $an$ $Ericsson$...
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by borisbob
    nope, it's not an MMS. I've seen it and it ain't no GIF or anyth. - just a simple ASCII SMS with some characters that define simple text animation. It's a cool feature and I wish also it would be supported by the Treo.

    ZeeZo, have you checked if there are any 3rd party SMS apps that support it ?
    THANK U AND THANKS MitzEclipse for clarifying!!!
    Thats exactly what I'm talking about. It has NOTHING to do with GIFs. or band width waste, or HTML, or MMS. They are your normal alphanumeric characters (ASCII), like a smiley face moving from

    :-) to :-(
    Thats all,,no rocket science involved.

    Concerning 3rd party SMS apps that support it. I wish I knew where to start. For one thing I don't know the exact terminology (and look at the crap I got for not knowing,,,,see earlier threads)
  10. #10  
    I'am afraid, Treo SMS capability is very weak... :-(
    - Nothing VCARD sending, receiving.
    - Nothing UCS2 internaitional character SMS decoding.
    - Nothing EMS, MMS messages
    - Nothing delivery report.
    Only pure 7bit ascii codes... :-(

    HELLO DEVELOPERS!!! REVEILLE!!!
  11. #11  
    Also, the Treo's SMS display is very different then Nokia's standard 5 line display. This is what makes those text messages "move" is because they're specifically for Nokia's. They don't even work on ericssons or anything else for that matter.
  12.    #12  
    Originally posted by MitzEclipse
    This is what makes those text messages "move" is because they're specifically for Nokia's. They don't even work on ericssons or anything else for that matter.
    Are you sure about that? I could of sworn I've seen them transmitted successfully from one type of phoe to another.
  13. #13  
    Yes, positive. Nokia and Ericsson's have different line and sized displays, thus, they will not be able to show those 'moving' characters correctly when formatted for a specific phone.

    ...I'm not sure about siemens, and the other brands, just Nokia and Ericsson

Posting Permissions