1.    #1  
    I think it would be fair to say that Palms next device will utilize the award winning touchstone technology, but what are some ways that the touchstone could be improved for the next generation of devices? is it at all possible to have a USB touchstone? Where possibly the back cover of the phone has the actual connections for a connection to PC?
  2. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Touchstone charging for extra batteries. Just place the battery on the touchstone and it charges!

Palm-branded bluetooth touchstone charged headset too.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    would be great to use it as a docking station.
    I'll be happy just if the Palm 2 uses the touchstone but if I had to think about a new feature I would like three things.

1. The ability to use the TS via USB port on a PC
    2. A new Docking screen that shows all different info (weather, stocks, photo's, ect...)
    3. I also like that bluetooth idea where when docked you can have it switched to bluetooth automatically if wanted. (I'm sure someone can make a patch for that already)

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Not being so noisy. At times I can hear a high pitched buzz/whistle while the phone is on the charger. It seems to be worse when the battery is already fully charged.
    Mine only does that when i'm pulling of putting the phone onto the TS. It only last about one second and I can't hear it anymore.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Touchstone for the car. That would be sweet!!
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    I'll be happy just if the Palm 2 uses the touchstone but if I had to think about a new feature I would like three things.

1. The ability to use the TS via USB port on a PC
    Not possible, unless an adapter cable with at least two USB plugs is used. The Touchstone requires 1,000 mA of current at 5 V. Nearly all USB ports give 500 mA of current at 5V OR LESS.

Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    2. A new Docking screen that shows all different info (weather, stocks, photo's, ect...)
    3. I also like that bluetooth idea where when docked you can have it switched to bluetooth automatically if wanted. (I'm sure someone can make a patch for that already)
    Both cool and possible.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    I dont think its necessary to make the Touchstone do USB...

Just make the phone compatible with WirelessUSB

Wireless USB - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Quote Originally Posted by chad783 View Post
    Touchstone for the car. That would be sweet!!
    You can make your own fairly easily. However, due to all the random, crazy places automakers put their 12V Power Outlet, a single universal Car Touchstone seems impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Not possible, unless an adapter cable with at least two USB plugs is used. The Touchstone requires 1,000 mA of current at 5 V. Nearly all USB ports give 500 mA of current at 5V OR LESS.
    +1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That is why almost all after market adapters will not work. And it is also why you can't "y" the usb off the Palm plug to two touchstones. The total power is divided between the two touchstones. I know. I tried everything with custom wiring. I'm working on a device.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    the ability to use as a dock to transfer data for syncing or streaming would be perfect.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I just hope the first gen stone works with the next gen handset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    +1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That is why almost all after market adapters will not work. And it is also why you can't "y" the usb off the Palm plug to two touchstones. The total power is divided between the two touchstones. I know. I tried everything with custom wiring. I'm working on a device.
    heh, what about wiring two usb plugs to touchstone 1 charger?
    Touchstone with built in battery that charges when not in use for travel charging your phone.

Also, add bluetooth to RCA functionality to play music wirelessly on your home stereo.

Lastly i second (actually posted about this a while back) a dashboard like info screen (weather, rss feeds, etc) while idle and charging
    Quote Originally Posted by tedrampart View Post
    heh, what about wiring two usb plugs to touchstone 1 charger?
    I tried that a while ago with custom wiring on my work bench. The issue came down to the power output of the Palm a/c adapter. It puts out around 5 watts. When to touchstones are connected (in parallel ) to the adapter the power to each touchstone unit is 2.5 watts. It will not work. However, I have found that a touchstone can work with a little less than 5 watts and still charge the phone. I am working on an adapter that will be enough wattage output to not overload one touchstone but will be enough to run two. My goal was to have one unit a/c unit in the bedroom with a touchstone on each nightstand.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!