1.    #1  
    I have my network hotsync working when I dialup on my treo but i have to manually configure my Primary PC settings on my treo each time I do it. This is because I'm behind a firewall and have some port mapping going on. But everytime I do hotsync the program changes my Primary PC settings to my computers domain name and IP address. I really need it to always set to my firewall's domain name and IP address. Does anyone know how to manual set these so after I do a hotsync I won't have to change it? Thanks.
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
    put !! as the primary PC name.

See.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    what were your port settings? ilve tried to set this myself but with no luck...how did u do it?
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by Felipe
    put !! as the primary PC name.

See.
    Thanks that worked. Now the only problem I have is I have a dynamic IP on my router. I did notice that if I only put my dynamic domain name for the primary PC name then It would automatically look up the IP. Does anyone know how to put something in for the IP so it doesn't overwrite the information? I tried !! in the IP field but that didn't work. Maybe I'll try 0.0.0.0 or 255.255.255.255. If anyone knows please reply. Thanks.
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by alawiscious
    what were your port settings? ilve tried to set this myself but with no luck...how did u do it?
    I forwarded both UPD and TCP ports 14237 - 14238 to my PC with the network hotsync enabled. I don't know of a way to change the ports on hotsync. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks.
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
    Steve,

If you have a linksys, get IP poster for linksys (you will need a web page though). When you run the program it creates a web page and post your current ip to a web site of your choosing.

There are also a couple of programs that will email your your current IP when it chnages.

Also, there are other programs/sites that will let you host a domain name even with a dynamic ip.

Do you reading up here
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by Felipe
    Steve,

If you have a linksys, get IP poster for linksys (you will need a web page though). When you run the program it creates a web page and post your current ip to a web site of your choosing.

There are also a couple of programs that will email your your current IP when it chnages.

Also, there are other programs/sites that will let you host a domain name even with a dynamic ip.

Do you reading up here
    I think you misunderstood my problem. My problem is not in finding out my IP but Always having my palm network hotsync info correct without manually setting it. I'm just lazy. If I type in my dynamic domain name into the primary PC name and leave the IP and subnet field blank, it works fine. I just want a way to leave my dynamic domain name in the Primary PC field and not have it over written when I do a hotsync. Thanks.
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270