Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was on BGR telling it like it is about this blackberry slider rip off of our Palm pre when a so called Sprint employee comes in and talk about Palm upcoming phone.

Sprint kansas city says:
    May 8, 2010 at 9:02 AM

I agree alittle bit with young hova blackbberies have fallen off maybe not sales wise but overall they have gotten boring. i work for sprint in kansas and infront of me i have a htc evo now as much as i hate android this phone is pure innovation.. Next up after the evo launch its palm again and im not gonna say any name but the 4g webos phone is pure innovation.. i havent touched it yet but the specs and the pics thats floating around this campus show pure innovation i have to give it up to Rubenstein he is a exellent engineer. youll see come july.. peace out guys

BlackBerry Bold 9800 slider gets caught on video Boy Genius Report
    pure innovation
    It will be Magical, plus if big V sells it Moms will love it!
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Does it look like the Pre.
    My contact at Sprint is telling me that it's basically a jacked up Pre. He's seen pictures, but hasn't seen any specs yet. I tried my best, but he wouldn't let fly with any pics, sorry, he likes his job, lol. He says it has little beefier case, a little bigger screen (more edge to edge). Based on the pics, he says it's very impressive looking. It is not a Pre Plus, it's better. He hasn't seen any details on the processor yet, but says the word is that it'll be quite a bit faster than the Pre.
    The Saint
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I'm sure those who are considering the Evo will have second thoughts when they read this.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    What do you mean by beefier case? I hope you don't mean bulkier.
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    I'm sure those who are considering the Evo will have second thoughts when they read this.
    It is certianly a reason to pause...that is, if this is true information. Until HP/Palm and/or Sprint make an announcment it's all rumor and spectulation...while we know for a fact that the Evo will be out this summer.
  9.    #9  
    I hope it doesn't look nothing like the pre.. Formfactor is great but I don't think I can deal with this oreo on a new hardware.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    It is certianly a reason to pause...that is, if this is true information. Until HP/Palm and/or Sprint make an announcment it's all rumor and spectulation...while we know for a fact that the Evo will be out this summer.
    Palm can't talk about new hardware until the pre hits at&t that's taking away sales. I don't think we will get a device this summer I see a october launch or maybe they will announce it then a week later release it.. Who knows
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I believe that a major Palm storm is brewing. No significant leaks are coming out yet because they have to somehow protect the launch of the AT&T Pre.
    that's what i've been saying 2 Palm can't announce a new phone now and simultaneously release old phone on AT&T. Palm will give it a month or so.
    I think about three to four weeks after the at&t launch we will start to see and hear more solid information. By that time we will know how well the pre does on the same carrier as the iphone and won't really take sales away from a new carrier. All the people who have been waiting for the pre on at&t that *really* wanted it can have it, then things will leak and maybe they will announce it a week, maybe even a day before it's available. Notice how all signs point to the 16th at&t launch but we still haven't heard from palm or at&t? I think they are taking a lesson from apple and hiding things until right before its available. But I would like to know if anyone agrees? Disagrees? I just wrote this five minutes after I woke up so it could all be a pipe dream. Let me know.
    I know why they can't officially announce new hardware is because of the at&t launch and other factors...Im just sayin' that because the Evo is for sure coming out this summer, unfortunately, many Pre owners simply won't wait until Palm is finally able to announce new hardware.
    I know why they can't officially announce new hardware is because of the at&t launch and other factors...Im just sayin' that because the Evo is for sure coming out this summer, unfortunately, many Pre owners simply won't wait until Palm is finally able to announce new hardware.
    I think it's more like a few than it is for many. It seems like many because the troll posts are nothing but switching to the evo. As for me $75 off an upgrade doesn't cut it for me. I will have my pre for another year or until it breaks. I want my full $150.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris_C3 View Post
    I think it's more like a few than it is for many. It seems like many because the troll posts are nothing but switching to the evo. As for me $75 off an upgrade doesn't cut it for me. I will have my pre for another year or until it breaks. I want my full $150.
    I 100% agree about the trolls but you are misinformed about the upgrade credit, If you have a 69.99 or higher individual plan you are eligible for the full upgrade credit after 1 yr. Then you can sell your Pre for at least 150.00 on ebay so total cost should be only 75.00 or so.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

I'm actually starting to believe there's some truth to these rumors. I think this is now the third (or more) "independent" (in quotes, because this could all be coming from the same person) rumor about basically the same thing: a Pre form factor, only better.

Now I'll say that this is exactly what I want, a Pre with a slightly bigger screen (say, 3.7") and a slightly bigger keyboard. Faster processor, more RAM, more storage are pretty much givens. If they can figure out a way to support the Touchstone while adding a compass, and give us a few other nice treats, I'll be one happy guy.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Guy I trust at my Sprint Corp store has said new 4G device this fall...but didn't give me any details re: form factor or specs.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    I have a friend who works on the servers for sprint and can see what accesses their network, there has been a Palm device that is not a pre or pixi on thier network for several months now. He doens't have access to the test phones but can see when they hit the network. There are lots of big phones on the pipeline besides the EVO according to him, a Hero 2, a Moment 2, the new Palm and there has even been an iphone hit it. He doesn't know if the Iphone is a sprint version as Verizon phones can show up if they are roaming but there is a CDMA Iphone in existance according to him
    Pre form factor, 16gb storage, 512gb ram with a 1ghz processor, top it off with a larger screen and I am in heaven. Really wanna make my day palm? Throw in a HDMI output...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast